HMS Hood - scaled down Halinski 1/250

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
The tin can does give some perspective....the photos just don't give the idea of how BIG these models are, even reduced down a bit. Will make a great diorama.

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Spectacular, Barry! :D

I love the comparison between Hood and Eskimo...that would be one heck of a diorama!

I guess there is a bit more to do on Hood, saw a few spots on the bridge and turrets for some small detail parts, and blast bags for the 3 and 4 gun, but, save for the rigging, she looks just about done.

Thanks for sharing some amazing photos, she looks awesome, mate!

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hood rigging

Started on the rigging I stripped the wire out of computer flat cable I think it is near the right size for the job. It's a bit difficult to get tension on it but I was fed up of the very blobby appearance of the rigging joints on the spars using glue. The crane boom is in place currently held up with a cotton loop. Hopefully it might stop me knocking it off before I get wires on to it. I seemto have clouted the aft rangefinder already.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hood getting there

The rigging with computer flat cable wires was not a great success the spars are too fragile to take any tension and pulling the wire straight is just about impossible but having actually succeeded in supergluing the wire into the deck I was stuck with it perhaps the they will sag under their own weight in time.

One last AA uploader for the front turret and some paint and it should be finished. She is a bit battered in places from my handling of her over a long period of time.

barry