HMS Glowworm

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Sure is looking good Barry! If my Missouri turns out half that nice I will be happy with it. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming when you can.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Vickers 4.7" single mount

"Y" gun Vickers 4.72 single mounting nice design the filligree on the load/unload tray was a bit close to my abity to cut but it seems to have worked out OK.

Why is it whenever you take a picture right bang in the middle is the biggest mistake you can find. This one, some nerd rang the doorbell just as I was trying to finish the rail ropes so I wrapped the thread quickly round a stanchion and forgot about it. Why did he ring, he was delivering a curry I had not ordered.

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Barry, at least your not trying to say there are no mistakes!
It takes a great guy to show his mistakes to the world :-D .
Keep up the good work, she is looking awesome!

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
4.7 cont

cont.....................

This leaves the depth charge gear to be finished at the stern. I've stuck my finger in the rails again, belated New Year resolution stop straightening them until all the rest is finished and then put it down.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Vickers Quad AA

Hi All

Nice piece of design on these guns detailed but buildable barrels need straightening a bit and the ammo drums are yet to be added. I left these until I had a more stable platform to hold onto otherwise I would be spended the night on the floor looking for them.

Not too many more of the cardboard bits to go now.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Railings

Depth charges and rail modifications

@Jim

Sorry mate given up the struggle with the fingers and railings these are GPM plastic (oops !!!) from a sample Christoph sent me to try. Just got fed up of ruining models at the end.

They are good in that you can chop up the spare plastic to add in extra stanchions using PVA.

regards

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Sometimes the railings can be the most tedious and frustrating part of the build. I can sympathize.

They don't look bad from the pictures. I know the pictures sometimes can only tell part of the story.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Barry,

Whatever it takes to compete the model and make a good impression! No taboo material.......... only good models!

john

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Wotcher, bazzer!:)

No worries, my friend, use whatever you have available to it's best advantage...no such thing as a purist in paper models, or else no one could use glue, what?

As always, with each update she is looking even more spectacular!

Keep at it mate, and treat us to more photos when you can.

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
ships boats

It stopped raining for a couple of days and it warmed up a bit. Finally built the ships boats they still need touching up, not that the flash on the camera won't see right through it. The platform on the aft funnel will stop the siren pipes from looking so silly, when it's fitted. Now all I have to do is find the bridge sponsons amongst all the clippings plus adding an awful lot of individual shell holders.

It makes a nice change to build something and Gremir's boats are a real pleasure to do.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Last deails

Hi All

Title says last details still leaves about a hundred or so little bits to add on but the main card bits are complete. Masts and rigging still to come.

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Wotcher, bazzer!:)

I'm glad I asked...:grin:

Superb collection, mate!
I love the way she came out, lots of great little details, a wonderful build.

I enjoyed watching the build, reading your commentary and, of course, the photos...thanks!

I imagine Norfolk is next?:)

Cheers!
Jim