HMS Enterprise 1774 28 Gun frigate

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure you start skinning her from the bow and stern first. It is much easier to correct any errors in the middle of the hull than at the bow and stern. Also, make sure you do the ship symmetrically, or it will pull to one side. That is rarely fixable. :)

mitchel

Hi zathros
Yeah I get that. I skinned the ship in horizontal strips on both sides and now I am filling in the gaps to have a fully skinned hull. Pictures to follow.

Cheers mate.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry if I stated the obvious. The frame work looks very straight and true! :)

mitchel

Please don't apologise. It's good to know the hints and tips regardless if I have done the work or not.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I appreciate that. She's going to be a magnificent ship. Prepare a nice place for her. Inverted aquariums can be had cheap at Tag sales, and offer excellent protection, and easy access. :)

mitchel

Hey guys/gals

Just thought I would write an update. The shipyard has been on strike these last few weeks. I am finding that now that spring is here, silly little jobs keep poking their noses in. The tomatoes are now in the greenhouse, the lawn is getting its twice weekly cut, the house windows are newly cleaned and painted, and every room has had a spring clean.
Apart from that I took the missus to Edinburgh (Scotland) to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary and only now does it seem that I am able to sit down at the shipyard again.
Watch this space...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
It's so easy to get thrown of course on these models! :)