Hmmmm

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shamus, Nov 22, 2002.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay gang, what is it with these damn computers that keeps people away from doing something to the Model Railroad.

1- Do you spend far too much time read/answering questions in the forum
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2- Do you donate the same amount of time on your Model.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3- Are you just an armchair modeller, waiting to start your dream.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4- Are you motivated enough, or do you need a kick in the (***) to get going.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5- Will getting a new Toy - er - Locomotive at the festive season help you make your mind up about what to do next.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room (4-5 hours per day)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shamus[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

4. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only when Im at work. And some times at home.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I have the money or some ideias, perhaps even a bit more.
    ???
    I'm motivvated enough!!!!
    5- Will getting a new Toy - er - Locomotive at the festive season help you make your mind up about what to do next.
    Just got it.. SD7 from B&O
    6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room (4-5 hours per day)
    Railroom? my railroom is my bed room, and also my computer room...

:D
  5. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

In my case, Shamus, it's question #1 all the way.:mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

Since last winter, I have gotten nothing done on my layout. Since last winter, I have built 4 MoW cars, 1 small structure, and started another. That's it. That's all I have to show for the last 12 months. Why? Because until this week, I was spending all - well, most - of my "free" time fooling around with train forums. I finally realized just this week that for me, the forum thingie had become the entire hobby instead of just another part of the hobby. The result is that I decided to drastically reduce my online time and actually do some real model railroading.

And I will... just as soon as I can get caught up on all the yardwork and honey-do's that I let go for the last year. :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Now, what am I doing here... it's not an addiction.... it's not an addiction... it's not an addiction... it's not....
  6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Sorry, but I can't answer those questions or I'll be spending too much time on the computer! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  7. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

My answers...yes, no, maybe, never, always,sometimes, whenever, wherever, whatever, I'm broke, possibly, impossible, don't want to, already did it, ain't gonna do it, and etc.

Please feel free to copy and paste as anyone sees fit! :D :D :D

Sure do enjoy The-Gauge though!!!:) :) :)
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I spend a lot of time on the computer period. Forums, wesite, MSTS (trainsim)
    Roughly, I guess I do.
    Kinda.
    Somtimes I do. Sometimes I get on a modeling spree!
    It would certaly help! :D
    6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going.
    Yeah, I am.
  11. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

thanks Vic you save me some time there

ditto:D :D :D :D :D :eek: :cool: :p rich
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

BTW: Shamus - today I spent my lunch time cleaning up and lubricating a "new" 0-4-0 I got on e-bay (turned out to be a Riverossi which was a nice suprise) and tonight I spent 2 hours working on my everexpanding ind. switcher collection (15 of 'em :eek: :eek: :eek: I have a problem) and running them around the test loop like a little kid, all before doing the work on my site and sending you that PM. Was I influenced by this thread? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Probably :D :D :D
  13. SLOW

SLOW Member

I am not an armchair anything...

I have a train and a really detailed layout. I chose N scale because it is small so that I can have a bigger layout with more track and more ideas in the same amount of space. I believe that anyone would be impressed with my creation. I spent days creating a flag for my town square. I made it useing a small piece of toilet tissue. Glue to make it stiff...And I used a toothpick to paint the collors on it. It looks like it is blowing in the wind. It is the most fragine piece on my layout. I also made a pond and a stream using layers of polyearthaine with water color paint mixed in. I poured a little earthaine on and let it dry....then poured some more and let it dry...until I had created a pond. I also used a razor blade to dig a divey into my homosote board to give the pond and stream depth. I made one building totally out of match sticks and then I stained and polyeathained it. It took me two months to make it. I even made a comp grounds and cabin. We used to have a little bear drinking out of the pond but he dissapeard...probably my cats got him. Yet, I also enjoy chatting on the internet.
  14. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

We'd love to see some pictures if you're so inclined to post them!

My "layout" looks much like plywood to the ubtrained eye :D :D :D Inmy mind, it looks more like what you describe!
  15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I'm supposed to be picking up my wife from work rat now, and here I am again, after 5 hrs of sleep. Maybe I got a poroblem. But It's fun, so I think I'll just stay in de Nile. Dunno what da rivva has to do with addiction, buddeet werk fer me!:D :D :D
  16. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

17. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hey Paul,
    Why are you tryin' to make me think?? :eek: :eek:

I just a armchair sittin' forum surfin' rr modellin' time ill spendin' rr plottin' n plannin' a lil' more rr modellin' FOOL!:D :D :D

HELP RALPH, why do we spend so much time on
    The Gauge???:rolleyes:

I ain't quittin':p
  18. SLOW

SLOW Member

Re:

I would love to post some photos of my layout but I don't see any way of posting them here.
  19. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

Hi, Slow, and welcome.

To post a photo, go to the "reply" screen (where I'm typing this right now), scroll down a little ways, and click on the browse button (where it says "Attach File." You can then upload photos from your hard disk drive or other storage device attached to your computer. Your photos should be giffs, png's, or jpeg's and no more than 102K.

Looking forward to seeing some of your layout.
  20. SLOW

SLOW Member

Pictures

Here they are....

Attached Files: