Hmmmm

shamus

Registered Member
Okay gang, what is it with these damn computers that keeps people away from doing something to the Model Railroad.

1- Do you spend far too much time read/answering questions in the forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2- Do you donate the same amount of time on your Model.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3- Are you just an armchair modeller, waiting to start your dream.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4- Are you motivated enough, or do you need a kick in the (***) to get going.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5- Will getting a new Toy - er - Locomotive at the festive season help you make your mind up about what to do next.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room (4-5 hours per day)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shamus
wink.gif

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by shamus
Okay gang, what is it with these damn computers that keeps people away from doing something to the Model Railroad.

OK - Here's My answers!! :) :) :) ~~ Mikey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of, course I do.. But it's FUN!!!!! :) :)
No, But I do donate time to the Local Museum -- All day Saturday.

5- Will getting a new Toy - er - Locomotive at the festive season help you make your mind up about what to do next.
Something either seen in a store, or seen on this board always gives me ideas, and it seems I work on the railroad then. :)
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room (4-5 hours per day)
I am - I just need a little less "Running Around" time & a little more RR Time. :)

Shamus
wink.gif

Xaniel

Only when Im at work. And some times at home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I have the money or some ideias, perhaps even a bit more.
???
I'm motivvated enough!!!!
Just got it.. SD7 from B&O
Railroom? my railroom is my bed room, and also my computer room...

:D

In my case, Shamus, it's question #1 all the way.:mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

Since last winter, I have gotten nothing done on my layout. Since last winter, I have built 4 MoW cars, 1 small structure, and started another. That's it. That's all I have to show for the last 12 months. Why? Because until this week, I was spending all - well, most - of my "free" time fooling around with train forums. I finally realized just this week that for me, the forum thingie had become the entire hobby instead of just another part of the hobby. The result is that I decided to drastically reduce my online time and actually do some real model railroading.

And I will... just as soon as I can get caught up on all the yardwork and honey-do's that I let go for the last year. :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Now, what am I doing here... it's not an addiction.... it's not an addiction... it's not an addiction... it's not....

davidstrains

I didn't know about this forum when I got started. I was just asking questions in rec.mod.railroad.The time spent is worth it though
Probably

Yes
Already bought my Christmas with the loco's, DCC, scenery, wood, track, etc.
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I really need to spend about half as much time here on the computer and more time working on the layout. The problem with that is that I really enjoy the Gauge. The Forum itself perpetuates friendship, comraderie, support, instruction and lot's more. Sometimes it is best to just relax in front of the screen and chat amongst the friendly people here. Are we our own worst enemys???:D :D
Shamus
wink.gif

Vic

My answers...yes, no, maybe, never, always,sometimes, whenever, wherever, whatever, I'm broke, possibly, impossible, don't want to, already did it, ain't gonna do it, and etc.

Please feel free to copy and paste as anyone sees fit! :D :D :D

Sure do enjoy The-Gauge though!!!:) :) :)

brakie

No, I worked out a system and it seems to be working for me.

2- Do you donate the same amount of time on your Models
I actually spend alot of time modeling..One can do that when he doesn't have a Mrs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What ? Never! Dream layouts waste time.While one is dreaming he could be building a layout even a small one.
Nope. I need to kick in the butt to get the non modeling things done.
I do what comes naturally- I run it!
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. -- I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room?

Yes, I think it is well rounded out. I would perfer to model 24/7 but, that won't happen untill I retire....:eek: :D

Hunter

I spend a lot of time on the computer period. Forums, wesite, MSTS (trainsim)
Roughly, I guess I do.
Kinda.
Somtimes I do. Sometimes I get on a modeling spree!
It would certaly help! :D
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going.
Yeah, I am.

thanks Vic you save me some time there

My answers...yes, no, maybe, never, always,sometimes, whenever, wherever, whatever, I'm broke, possibly, impossible, don't want to, already did it, ain't gonna do it, and etc.

ditto:D :D :D :D :D :eek: :cool: :p rich

jon-monon

BTW: Shamus - today I spent my lunch time cleaning up and lubricating a "new" 0-4-0 I got on e-bay (turned out to be a Riverossi which was a nice suprise) and tonight I spent 2 hours working on my everexpanding ind. switcher collection (15 of 'em :eek: :eek: :eek: I have a problem) and running them around the test loop like a little kid, all before doing the work on my site and sending you that PM. Was I influenced by this thread? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Probably :D :D :D

SLOW

I am not an armchair anything...

I have a train and a really detailed layout. I chose N scale because it is small so that I can have a bigger layout with more track and more ideas in the same amount of space. I believe that anyone would be impressed with my creation. I spent days creating a flag for my town square. I made it useing a small piece of toilet tissue. Glue to make it stiff...And I used a toothpick to paint the collors on it. It looks like it is blowing in the wind. It is the most fragine piece on my layout. I also made a pond and a stream using layers of polyearthaine with water color paint mixed in. I poured a little earthaine on and let it dry....then poured some more and let it dry...until I had created a pond. I also used a razor blade to dig a divey into my homosote board to give the pond and stream depth. I made one building totally out of match sticks and then I stained and polyeathained it. It took me two months to make it. I even made a comp grounds and cabin. We used to have a little bear drinking out of the pond but he dissapeard...probably my cats got him. Yet, I also enjoy chatting on the internet.

jon-monon

We'd love to see some pictures if you're so inclined to post them!

My "layout" looks much like plywood to the ubtrained eye :D :D :D Inmy mind, it looks more like what you describe!

jon-monon

I'm supposed to be picking up my wife from work rat now, and here I am again, after 5 hrs of sleep. Maybe I got a poroblem. But It's fun, so I think I'll just stay in de Nile. Dunno what da rivva has to do with addiction, buddeet werk fer me!:D :D :D

Drew1125

Yes
Probably, but like staring at the computer screen, I spend a lot of time just staring at the layout! :D
Well, let's see...I have an armchair in fromt of the computer, & another one next to the layout, so I guess the answer would be yes! ;)
My wife told me to answer yes to this one! :D
I'd love to answer yes to this, but in reality, I know it would probably just become part of the mountain of projects currently on my workbench!
6- Are you happy to continue the way you are going. --
Yes...I enjoy this hobby, & I enjoy the comraderie, & community of the other model railroaders here at The Gauge.
Sure, there are probably a million other things I should be doing that I'm not, but this is the way I choose to relax, & I'm not going to get stressed out about it! There's enough of day-to-day living that does that for me!
I am as I spend far too much time in the railroad room (4-5 hours per day)
Shamus
wink.gif

cidchase

Hey Paul,
Why are you tryin' to make me think?? :eek: :eek:

I just a armchair sittin' forum surfin' rr modellin' time ill spendin' rr plottin' n plannin' a lil' more rr modellin' FOOL!:D :D :D

HELP RALPH, why do we spend so much time on
The Gauge???:rolleyes:

I ain't quittin':p

Hi, Slow, and welcome.

To post a photo, go to the "reply" screen (where I'm typing this right now), scroll down a little ways, and click on the browse button (where it says "Attach File." You can then upload photos from your hard disk drive or other storage device attached to your computer. Your photos should be giffs, png's, or jpeg's and no more than 102K.

Looking forward to seeing some of your layout.