Hiyas! I got lasers and stuff that burns and cuts!

xsoul

Jan 5, 2011
Hiyas,

Looking for a community of hobbyist builders. I've been on boards for building boats, furniture, woodworkers, and find those sites having a great community and learned a lot, but the things they build are all too big for my liking. I do not build boats or anything remotely that large. I like models and replicas.

Little about me. Typical of my friends, when they first graduated from college and got their first pay check, they bought themselves a car. Not me. The first thing I bought was a laser engraver. From there I built acrylic models, stencils, and display cases for my toys. I continued to buy these type of tools as toys, and soon added a small collection of hobbyist level and professional level tools to my arsenal. I like building things, and I like replicating/copying things like props for costuming and silly things just for fun.

So I hope to see what kind of new ideas I can try and new technique to use from here. Cheers.

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Welcome aboard and hope that find something worthwhile here in the props models. There are many pepakura files that deal with costuming and that may peak your interest. Hope to see some of your works soon, so take your shoes off and sit a spell. Enjoy and see you around the forums.