High wheel mower w/ 24' cut...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
dcfxq said:
Have you ever had a problem with n-scale dogs who recognized the orgin of the mower's motor? :D

:eek:ops:

No DC, my HO scale cats keep them N scale critters at bay.

Freelancer...cute?...cute?...CUTE?...think outstanding...think one of a kind...think, on par with the Wizard of Monterey himself, John Allen...b-b-b-but CUTE! (sob)...oh, the pain, the pain:p

Thank you, guys, I really do appreciate all the kind words.

...cute he says...CUTE!....

Attachments

• banghead_125.gif
    banghead_125.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 126
P

philip

Shaygetz,
Those are great! I see those and my mind says " build a mower repair shop"!:p
Is the high wheel one is a yazoo or roof?

Amazing!:thumb:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
philip said:
Shaygetz,
Those are great! I see those and my mind says " build a mower repair shop"!:p
Is the high wheel one is a yazoo or roof?

Amazing!:thumb:

Thanks, Philip. I actually do have a welding/small engine repair shop on my module. Three mowers and it still looks kinda nekkid soze there's at least 2-3 more coming, hoping for maybe 12-15 total. As for the make, I worked at a retail department store for 8 years that sold Murrays. They are actually red but I kinda liked the green so I went with that. Trouble with mowers is I've only seen them in 4 color schemes; red (Murray, Toro, Snapper), green (John Deere), orange (Kubota, Ahrens) and yellow (Cub Cadet). Any prototype justification for other colors would be greatly appreciated as I'd like not to repeat colors too often.

F

Fred_M

Lawnboys are green. Jacobsons were light blue from memory. Ford riders were blue, and Allis were orange. A Case rider that was tan/orange. Build a few tillers too. Toro were red. Fred

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
There ya go. Have a few Troy Built tillers or similar in that shop as well.

Also, at least in my area the current Murray Lawn Mowers being sold are black now instead of red.

Yet again an amazing bit of scratchbuilding.

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Don't forget weed whackers as well. Those should actually be pretty easy to make, all you would need is the shape for the motor (certain brake detail parts come to mind) and a bit of wire for the long shaft with some styrene for the string guard and of course some small fishing line for the string glued to a small round bead or something.

And then there are Chainsaws, Go Karts, Small outboard motors for boats,
Gasoline powered emergency generators.....

There are quite a few small engine powered do dads out there that could be found in such a shop.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Matthyro said:
You have mentioned snowmobiles but during the summer we have to have a seadoo too.

Thanks, Robin and Jon. Seadoos...but you can only use those for like two weeks outta the year, right?:p

Go-carts...now that's got me peaked. Maybe someday soon I'll get back to building trains :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I don't know about you southeners , some of us diehards up here just wait for the ice to melt then it's a go. Gives us 4 months then before we think of putting the seadoos away and start tweaking the snowmobiles again. It also means 4 months of those dang lawn mowers you make Shaygets before the snowblowers eventually come back into the picture

CN1

May 6, 2003
shaygetz you're a genius :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

CN1

May 6, 2003
rksstl

Too bad they don't make a decoder that small a few hundered of them on dcc and they could help in the 1 to 1 yard

HILARIOUS!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But a grrrrreat idea :thumb: That would be so cool, wouldn't it :confused: :eek:

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
:D Sorry shaygetz, didn't mean to insult you! My friends say that guys can't use the word "cute" so I try to use it as much as I can just to annoy them. LOL Outstanding and incredibly awsome would probably be a much better thing to say.

I think we should add your brick hitting smily to the list of smilies.

Freelancer

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
SSSssSsssssssshhhhhhh....don't let the moderators know that I've used an unauthorized gif file. They'll send me to Horizon Hobbies for my penence and turn me over to Union Pacific lawyers who'll pillage me for my unauthorized logos :eek: