High wheel mower w/ 24' cut...

shaygetz

In past posts I've received favorable comments on my mower collection and requests for how it's done.

Attachments

• mower1.jpg
    mower1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 363

shaygetz

While this one is a high wheel model, the principles are the same. Gather some lawn mower looking parts from the scrap box...

Attachments

• mower2.jpg
    mower2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 371

shaygetz

Cut a deck, a scale 4" wider and 6-8" longer than the cutting width of the mower you're modeling. Shape the wheel recesses keeping in mind a discharge chute. The axle is for the high rear wheels and is not necessary for a standard mower.

Attachments

• mower3.jpg
    mower3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 364

shaygetz

Most mowers made in the last ten years have ergonomically correct push bars. This one's from brass wire...

Attachments

• mower7.jpg
    mower7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 353

shaygetz

A little paint, some gas, a couple o' pulls and it's off to the weeds...

Attachments

• mower8.jpg
    mower8.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 351

shaygetz

Some size perspective compared to a dime. Use a gel type Crazy glue, it just works faster and is stronger. The rider is just a variation that requires the body to be built from layered styrene. All other principles are the same. Now there's just no excuse for your LPBs to dodge their lawn chores ;)

Attachments

• mower9.jpg
    mower9.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 353

shaygetz

Thanks, Steve. Actually been wanting to do a snowmobile. Gimme a pic and some basic overall dimensions and you're on :thumb:

Lighthorseman

I Guess I'm Not Really Canadian...

...As I don't have one in the garage! What's wrong with me? I'll bet that someone can help out, however. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for a good info source.

F

Fred_M

How about a Craftsman tool chest with SAE and Metric wrenckes? :thumb: Fred

shaygetz

Lighthorseman said:
...As I don't have one in the garage! What's wrong with me? I'll bet that someone can help out, however. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for a good info source.

Isn't a Canadian without a snowmobile like a Southern Boy without a pickup truck? :rolleyes: :p

Blackhawks, Fred, Blackhawks...I use Craftsman for crab pot anchors ;)

Thanks, Brian.

RailRon

Shaygetz, you just construct the best lawn mowers I ever saw:

1. They look just great, colorful, inviting - any LPB must feel the urge to go and mow the lawn (what else?... :D) at once
2. They are cheap to build - and so you have one more method to get rid of the junk lying around in the layout room.
3. And best of all: They are absolutely noise-free! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

--> If I only could convince you to build one more colorful, cheap, and NOISELESS lawn mower for my neighbor, who LOVES to cut his grass (about 10x15 ft) at least two hours every Saturday afternoon! :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :curse:

Ron

PS: Did I already mention that your mowers are little jewels? Fantastic precision work! :cool: :cool: :cool:

dcfxq

Hummmm

"The engine is a highly modified fire hydrant."

Have you ever had a problem with n-scale dogs who recognized the orgin of the mower's motor? :D

:eek:ops: