Hi

rowsdower

I just joined the forum and I must say it looks like a great place, full of ideas and information.

I mostly work with WWII kits--anything from 1:35 armor to 1:48 aircraft and 1:350 ships. Tamiya is my brand of choice, but I don't have anything against a good Revell kit.

Weathering is probably my biggest weakness at the moment. I've tried several of the big techniques but none of them seem to have clicked yet.

Z

Zathros

As you may noticed, we primarily are a paper model forum. If you can put together a list of what you are interested in, I am sure we can find you some interesting models. Nice thing about paper models is you can take them to whatever level you wish or are capable of. We all like to help so feel free to ask any questions if you have them. :welcome1: to the forum!

rowsdower

As I looked around after introducing myself I did notice a lot of paper model topics. It's definitely not a problem because I've actually dabbled in paper models a little bit and I really enjoyed it. It was just a little WWI biplane that I took a stab at with some card stock, an xacto knife, and some tacky craft glue. It turned out decently, but I definitely got the feeling that I would have benefited from some better techniques. I'm sure there are several threads on this forum discussing materials, tools, and techniques for paper models. Is there a particular thread you recommend?

Z

Zathros

There are too many threads to recomend any particular one, but you have Xacto blades, get a cutting matt, a good straight edge for folding.

I think the single most important thing is to get a model of something you like, and want. If you are familiar with the subject, you will motivated to follow through and with this hobby, there are many ways to do the same thing.

Follow the link below. In the thread you will find some pictures and a link to an excellent series of incredible paper models, and they are FREE! :)

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172740&highlight=stahlhart