Hi what colour paint to use

it looks real

Oct 14, 2005
Hi very new to this have just been given a 3 loop oo layout which i am slowly building up here are a few questions i hope someone can help me with what type of paint to use which colour gives realistic autumn colours and help with rock thanks & best wishes RICH :confused:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Regarding fall colors, if you live in the area where you model, take a picture of the local fall colors. Then go to a craft store and match colors with craft paint; or if you are going to try to model fall trees, use it to pick out foliage colors from Woodland Scenics.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Welcome to the Gauge Rich.

Paint color is a real subjective thing. Like others have said, take your cue from Mother Nature. See what the real world looks like then mix up some colors to match. If you get it wrong, or don't like the results, add another coat to whatever you're painting.:eek: As far as trees and plants, you can buy them ready-made, or make your own. You should go to your local hobby shop, or possibly your library and look through the book section. There's a bunch of good books out there on how to make scenery, including fall.:D