Hi there!

gruggier

Hello everyone. :wave: I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gaetano, (Guy) and I have just got started with electric trains. Got an O scale Polar Express. My very first Lionel too. :thumb: Very pleased and excited. Excellent quality. I got it for the very purpose of putting it under the Christmas tree.

Well I got so excited that I also ordered the extra cars that came with the set, extra tracks, an 8 x 4 board from Home Depot, a festive table cloth I laid and stapled to the 8X4 boad, a complete village set from Home Depot, with figures, gazebos, bridges, trees, lights, churches, buildings, and I just orderd a few peices of mountans for backgroound effects from Lemax.

Man this got expensive real quick but I had so much fun putting this project together and the best part I did it with my Son.:D

Great bonding experience, great hobby, and a good time.

I have a Bachmann train and passenger cars from Revelli (i think thats the name) in HO scale but i never used it. So I gave them to my Son for his first train set and I told him we will do another project together for his train set.

This is awesome. I am just amazed how quickly I got into this. Oh the addiction is gonna be a problem.

Thank you all.:)

I will post picks of the setup I decribed above in another post later tonight.

Happy holidays.

cedarcreekrr

When I get my basement ready I am going to have my boys help me on the layout. Yes you are correct it is very addictive and you have to watch yourself or you will spend more than you planned, but all hobbies are that way and this is a great one !:thumb:

hooknlad

Hi Guy and welcome to the gauge !!!! It is a great way to bond with your son and family. My dad did that with me and I hope someday to model with my children, if i have any.

gruggier

Man you guys... I am already lookin at and fallin in love with the G scale Steam engines. They are awesome. I am in trouble.

Guy.