Hi-Nu

Vortex_4200

Jun 17, 2008
Oklahoma
I know what you mean. I try to get every one I associate with interested in paper modeling. It's such a great, relaxing, fun hobby to have (and it keeps me out of trouble, lol).

I am beginning to know what you mean by that CK, I'm just starting in on it and it's really cool!!!! :cool:

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
Ok guys, finally have an update. I will say that paper thickness can really change the difficulty of the model. I had to do a lot of trimming to get the parts to fit right, and i'm still kinda displeased with my final result, however it's my first Gundam, so this is just practice.

Working on the chest now.
IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Jones Brandon

Aug 10, 2007
looks dam good to me. i need to show all the work i did someday i have so many scifi ships and other models but never post them all yet. but your work looks real good man, but you know that!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool:

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the compliment. The one thing i don't really like about One Piece's version is that he Nascar-ed it. I wish i could get my hands on the version by June. There really is a big difference between the two. Also I had to print this off at like 85 percent to get it to fit on the paper, so it's probably harder at parts for me than was intended. Once im done, I will proly see about a double scale and a repaint.

Jones Brandon

Aug 10, 2007
i don't know if it will help but go to paint on your computer and upload what ever part that has the nascar-ed and you should see tools for coving the area with a color that my help:thumb:

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
Well first i would want to contact One Piece for permission to do so. Most likely I'll use my oh so wonderful CS3 suite to work out my own crazy theme. if you want a hint, just look at my avi, lol

Jones Brandon

Aug 10, 2007
well man i put this way i was trying to give some what of help but if it that way o well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:sorry for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
Ok so i just bought five bottles of citrus green tea and a 50 oz bag of skittles. Time to crank out the rest of this baby. Oh and I made a mistake early in the thread. Getter1, I told you that the pic was of One Pieces, but it's of Junes. I cant seem to find completed pics of One pieces, so my bad. I'll post pics once i finish the central backpack.

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
robsmechacardcraft.synthasite.com
hey buddy thats a fine model your building looking very clean also i might add it definatley id one peices as junes model doesnt have FPN on stands for final paper .net also you will find one peice one the model some where too. but its is a mighty fine looking build there buddy keep it up

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hey SEBRET,

Mighty nice build there. Keep it up.

I knew that was a pic of June's but I also recognized the parts as One Piece's model ;) It's hard to get pics of OP's work now that FPN is exclusive to Korean Citizens :( Glad I got a few models from there before their server went kaput :p

Looking forward to seeing more of this build.

G1

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
Ok, so I'm almost done with the backpack. I am going to meet with an Air Force recruiter today, and provided that i get good results, I will finally have a deadline to finish this thing. So as simply as I can put it,

1. sign up for forces
2. come home and finish model.
3. go to texas to survive basic training
4. become great aircraft engineer and use knowledge to create better models.

Ok, don't know about the last one, but well just have too wait and see, lol

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
im at a rut and i need you to give me your opinion. on the backpack, I rolled the booster exhausts rather than crease them. this turned out great because there were no crease lines to begin with so you cant tell it was meant to be creased. The fuel rods are a different story. They are mostly white and have grey fold lines running down the entire cylinder. I can still roll them but i feel like those lines are going to detract from the roundness of them. however, if I crease them, I feel like I may cause people to miss the higher quality rolls of the boosters, because they will be concentrating on the blocky fuel rods. Here is a pick to remind anyone who doesn't know what the backpack looks like. After it is a picture of fuel rod template. I'm not sure how you guys are about uploading a pic from a template but sense it's a free model i don't think it should be a problem.

untitled-1.jpg

2-2.jpg