Hi from Spain

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Figuer, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Figuer

Figuer New Member

Hi
    My name is Juan and I have been folding origami for 30 years. You can check my gallery if you want: I am Figuer in Deviantart.
    I have been barely folding these last years but a couple of weeks ago I began to build paper models that I download from the internet. I have built 9 models so far. Fighting with the 10th model now.
    I like figurines mostly, but I like models of vehicles too and other things. If I think it is pretty, cute or cool and not too dificult, it will want to build it.
    And that's all, folks.
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

Hello and welcome to Zealot.

You have come to the right place for all things paper (and other mediums as well). There are a really good bunch of people here who are always willing to give a helping hand or advice when you need help or are stuck on something. So by all means, ask as many questions as you wish. Do not be shy. There is no real stupid question, when it comes to understanding and learning new skills and techniques.

By all means, please post your work here. We love seeing photos.

Since you mentioned figures. Here is a site that you might be interested in: http://tcfgaming.com/ @Tirick (the owner of the site) is also a member of this forum. So he would be willing to help you with anything concerning his site.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I am looking forward to seeing your work.
  3. Figuer

Figuer New Member

Hi, I am since yesterday fighting against this guy. http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/gallerydetails.php?id=400
    It is winning. It is my first vehicle. It didn't seem complicated when I looked at the template ^^;
    Instructions are not as detailed as they should and I haven't found good pictures of the finished model. I am having some doubts. I hope to finish it but I don't expect a great result.
    I'll post a pic with all my last builds tomorrow, when I finish this one.
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Pepakura models can be a bit tricky at times. The 3-D model on the left side is suppose to be your "instructions". I too have problems is these kind of models :Computer:, and I have been building models for several years. :cool:

There are quite a few really good planes here: http://paper-replika.com/ Here is the section for "Aircrafts" I hope that you find something that you like.
  5. Figuer

Figuer New Member

After this one I will take on your word and ask you for specific planes in paper-replika. Julius's site is really great, although I have only built his couple of minions: Simple and cute as hell.
    About this model I am building now, I wished I had the pdo file. But in this case, the pepakura site only has a pdf of this plane. Last page of the pdf are the instructions.
  6. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Welcome to Zealot. Figurines are the hardest types of models to build. If you can do that you shouldn't have much problem. It's important to always choose a model that has good instructions. You aren't the first or last to run into this . Welcome to Zealot, we are happy to have you here.
  7. Figuer

Figuer New Member

Hmm, with figurines I mean paper dolls and characters from anime, cartoon and such. Nothing like the things Tirick make. Maybe I got the name wrong.
    The things I have built so far are Danbos, princes Peach, Hello Kitties, a Powerpuff girl and things like that. And none of them were difficult models or things I had to design myself.
    I'll post pics, when I am awake.
  8. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

Hello Figuer,

welcome to the forum!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics!

Have fun and enjoy! :)
  9. Figuer

Figuer New Member

As promised there you go the models 4 to 9 that I have built so far. 10 th model is in the building aircraft section.
    The models are:
    1. Powerpuff girl Blossom, by Claudio Dias.
    2. Tux, anom.
    3. Mimmie White, by Claudio Dias.
    4. Danbo (glueless), by Christopher Beaumont.
    5. Hello Kitty, from the web Kitty Rulez.
    6. Columnar Cactus, by Chokipeta KOBO (Canon Creative Park).
    The first three models I built were an articulted Danbo, a Princess Peach and a couple of Minions and they are with their current owners (Nephew and nieces).

Models 4 to 9.JPG
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Those are really cool! I like the "BOX" figure.
    No worries about the miscommunication.
  11. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

This is sooo cute! I'm going through different blogs at the moment to find something for Halloween and right before I saw your post I found the "walking box"! :)
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  12. Figuer

Figuer New Member

The walking box is Danbo, a character from the manga Yotsubato!. There is even a wikipedia article about Danbo. Danbo was a secondary character in a couple of chapters but it became viral and after somebody made a papercraft template it became viral. There are thousands of pictures on the internet with this little walking box.
    The above version is glueless. The normal version has movable parts: head, legs, arms; and it was the first papercraft model I ever built.
    You can find template and links with complete instructions here.
  13. bigpetr

bigpetr Designer/Master Modeler

Oh sweet. Nice models. Makes me want to make one of these too:).
  14. Figuer

Figuer New Member

Hi
    Despite not showing many models around here, I have been busy papercrafting. As you see, models I build are easy. When I improve and have more tools I will try more difficult builds; but I won't stop making simple things like these because I like them.
    Like my new signature says, several weeks ago I reopened an old deviantArt account that I hadn't used during the last 8 years. The account is http://julofi.deviantart.com
    I am uploading a model there each day. You will be able to see other pictures of these same models and some others models too, and even some things that are not paper related.
    My origami account, which I haven't updated in 8 years is http://figuer.deviantart.com

2nd+3rd_batch.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  15. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

I love the Red Arrow, fantastic job all round!
  16. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

That Red Arrow, to make look that good, is not a simple model. On the other hand, I do enjoy just whipping out a model now and then. I give them to my nephews to play with and destroy. ;)
    Cybergrinder likes this.
  17. Figuer

Figuer New Member

The Red Arrow would look better if I had red paint/markers/pencils/whatever to colour edges and crease marks.
    I have better pictures of it and the other models here in my deviantArt account http://julofi.deviantart.com/gallery
    Like I commented somewhere, the description of each model goes I explain the problems I had with the build. It works like a sort of blog.