Hi from a newbie.

baxton

Apr 26, 2013
Hey there, I am very new to the modelling hobby. I am mostly interested in armour/ fantasy and sci-fi builds. I also do larping so I am looking at making armour for use in that hobby too. I have sen so me interesting videos on plasticising high density foam which would enable the builds to be used in impact cos-play.
My wife makes card (and other models) for warhammer, which she sits and plans herself ( no designer programes) and we both steampunk so build with whatever we can find.
As a teacher of preschool children i find myself making lots of small scale papercrafts for their entertainment, (and shocked my head teacher when i utilised the electronics kit to wire up lights etc in one of my car builds for the children.)
it is great to see such diversity in the hobby, I wonder if there are any modellers here in Hamilton NZ to meet up with sometime.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome aboard. We have many members that are GREATLY interested in SCI-FI, costume & armor building, and Warhammer. All of which are willing to help you any way that they can (or at least point you in the right direction).

If you have any models that you have built already, please feel free to post them.
We love photos!

I hope that you enjoy yourself here, and once again welcome aboard.

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Welcome aboard!

You couldn't find a better place for the hobby:thumb:. I joined Zealot last Novemeber, and it's been great ever since, because everyone here wants you to succeed in whatever endeavour you try.:mrgreen:
But do remember this: announce1Zealot is special because WE make it so!:cool:

Rogério

P.S. I intend to make armours for my kids. I haven't done any so far, but already have the pep files for Iron Man and Halo. Perhaps we could change some info?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome aboard Baxton! :)