Hi all

paul jessop

Sep 10, 2014
uk
Hi my name is paul and I have been making plastic models sins I was 5
My interests are space / sifi and a good challenge
I am a carpenter by trade so I am good with my hands ,unfortunately I was injured at work
and am in a wheel char now so I have time to indulge my hobby again.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Paul,

Welcome to Zealot. There are many members here who are into SCI-FI and Real Space (myself included). So I hope that you will feel right at home here.
If you have any photos of any of your old projects, please post them (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS!).

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask ans we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing your work!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Paul, Welcome to Zealot! Another Brit! We have many Brits here, quite right too, what would a forum be without a British member. I spent 3 months in England in my youth, around 1973. I too am disabled, and have a multitude of Spinal Cord problems, so you are in good company. Great to have you aboard, and as Rhaven said, "We love pics", so post anything that you have built. :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi Paul, (I love your avatar!) Welcome, as RB said, I'm one of the many sci-fi fans on the forum, and also a Brit! (just living in South Africa :))

I also started building plastic kits at about the same age, and constantly built throughout my childhood, teens & early 20's. Late & mid-20's had to slow down due to finances, getting married & kids! Finally in 2010 I got back into models, this time the paper kind :)

My first build was the FIFA World cup trophy, built for a thing at work (2010 Word Cup held in SA that year), and I got hooked :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Being able to post such a large pic and seeing such smooth radii is awesome. I would advise using a thicker glue, like "Zip Dry", it will not bleed through the seams, and is very strong. Micheal's Craft Stores carries it, so does Amazon. It will stick glass to leather! :)

zip_dry.jpg

url