Hi all *life update*

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Hi guys,

I still feel like a newbie though I have a few posts under my belt. I thought I'd update you all in what is new and going on with my life. I got back into this hobby this spring with hopes of a layout being built. Those plans have been delayed. In May I found out that I have to have major surgery.

That brings me to today, next week I fly to Seattle for my surgery on Wednesday. Doctor is telling me I'll be in the hospital for 2 months recovering.

Layout wise I have bought the plywood, power supply(DCC), two engines, my old rolling stock from years ago bought back and new rolling stock and a few buidings. So I am geared up once I am able to get going on it.

I have also been buying some stuff for on the walls of my train room such as menus, ticket stubs and such. I am even looking at buying a
1 1/2 scale nose to mount above the bench work in a corner.

With even more news coming from my wife that I can start looking into taking our hobby outside with a garden layout next year so I am looking into that while I wait to go next week. I have found a working crossing tree"atleast that is what I always called them" that stands 6 ft tall. That I will be buying and installing in 08.

Well that is all for now.

Shane

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Thanks for the well wishes guys.

I will have her post when she can. It may be as late a Saturday the 8th though.

Krawler

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Shane, it sounds like you have quite the ordeal ahead of you. Please accept my best wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery. Regards to your family as well during this challenging time.
Ralph

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
hi y'all

It's 3 am and I am doing ok, I am signing off this thing and thought I say goodbye too you guys. Plane leaves at 6:30 am for Seattle.

It's been fun and talk to y'all soon.

Shane

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Update

Hi everybody,

I'm Shanes wife Kim. Shane had a 9hr surgery and complications after it. But as of this morning he is doing realitive good. He said tell you all hi. He is in ICU but will post when when he gets down to his regular room. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes, it really made him feel good.

Take care,
Kim

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Kim and Shane: Glad to hear that the surgery is over. I would think that any nine hour surgery would leave room for complications. I don't envy you a bit Shane. Heal up quick. There are railroads to ride and layouts to build. Keep us informed on your progress. God bless and keep you both.

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Shane say's hi everybody :) He is coming along and is in a regular room now. He is back on his feet and walking a bit. The puter I am typeing on is the nurse one that patients can use but he can't get over to it yet. He will write more when he is able to get on-line.

Thanks for all the well wishes,
Kim and Shane

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Glad to know that you are out of ICU and progressing on the recovery phase. Keep up the good attitude. I wish you oth the very best.

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Hi y'all Major Update

This is Shane and I am HOMEballoon6balloon6balloon6balloon6
I have to go back for visits and Kim has to do the dressings. I am waiting for the official word but looks like I broke records for recovery time:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

well I will post more when I am able too

Shane

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Glad to hear that you are home. We expect to hear about layout progress on a regular basis. Just keep the ballast out of the surgery areas.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Great news Shane! Glad to hear you're on your way to a quick recovery. Model railroading is by far the best form of therapy. Have fun, take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing (and the railroad!)