(hey Tyson...)NM Traffic spotted in Northern Ky.

Drew1125

An NM box car was spotted moving west out of Covington, Ky on the K&I...

Attachments

• k&itransfer2.jpg
    k&itransfer2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 124

Drew1125

That train was moving real slow ;) so our photographer managed to get a better shot of that great looking orange boxcar...she ought to reach the 4 Sisters Branch by sometime this evening...

Attachments

• nmbox.jpg
    nmbox.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 127

Tyson Rayles

WOW!

Charlie I don't know how long it took you to set up that rural scene, but it is AWESOME!:D It looks totally real. It's nice to see the ONLY NM revenue rolling stock hundreds of miles from its home rails racking up all those per diem charges:D :D :D rockislandmike that slogan is what Nantahala means in Cherokee. Thanks for sharing the pic Charlie!:cool:

billk

Tyson - I was referring to your cool "Route on the Noonday Sun" slogan -- it finally "dawned" on me. :)
Bill

Charlie, these are great pics, nice and clear, and N gauge too!!
Was it a digital camera you used?
Was it home made decals or dry transfers you used on the car?

Errol

Drew1125

Errol,
I guess I should explain that the boxcar is Tyson's, & was shipped to me for interchange service on my RR. (you could say it's kind of an RPO interchange system ;) )
The camera I use is a Sony Mavica FD75 digital, with a 10x zoom which is great for N scale.
Tyson,
I have to agree with the consensus...the slogan, & the decal job are fantastic!

Tyson Rayles

Thanks Charlie, I got a kick out of doing it.:D Billk I see what you are getting at now (noonday and sun) but the reason it's called that is the mnt.'s are so steep that the only time the sun hits the ground (being the mtn.'s run north and south)is noon (that's the Cherokee's story and they are sticking to it!):D I know, more than you wanted to know.:p