Hey There

Thought I'd introduce myself on the forum here, kinda stumbled upon it while looking for railroad forums, seems like a great place.

I currently do not do any physical modeling, so far in the apartment I'm confined to simulators. Hopefully in the future when I finally get a house I can get started on modeling as I have wanted to do for many a year.

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, my main interest if you haven't already guessed is Railroads, have been pretty much obsessed since I was a wee lad in the 80s.

Recently I have found an interest in Railroad photography, on a professional level my pictures aren't very good, but they make me happy, so in the end that's all that matters :mrgreen:

Well that's about it for now, any questions let me know!

Cheers!

rlundy90

Oct 2, 2007
Anola, Manitoba, Canada
Hi good to have another Manitoban aboard. I live 30 miles east near Anola, Manitoba. I am modelling the GWWD that has its yard in St. Boniface.Hope to see some of your pictures soon. Ron

N

nachoman

Don't let being in an apartment stop you from trying modeling. Modeling and weathering rolling stock, dioramas, or small shelf layouts can be quite portable :) My current layout is 3x6 feet and has survived several moves!

Kevin

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
I second Kevin's motion. A small switching layout on a shelf is exactly the solution. There are some good sites on the web with info and track plans for smaller layouts. And a smaller shelf layout could be incorporated into a larger layout once you get the space.

Welcome to The Gauge.

N

nachoman

well then, I think that means you are entitled to say "no" to one of her requests :)

Kevin

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
The only problem I have now is...N or HO!

Welcome to the Gauge!:wave: Ah yes, the age old question. Whichever you choose is related to a number of things. HO is for people who wan more space than O, plus is the cheapest of all the scales I think. N scale is if you want the longest possible trains and more track in less space, but the engines and cars for N aren't cheap.