Here we go again "Freight car of the week"?

doctorwayne

Here's an upgraded Accurail singlesheathed boxcar rolling through South Cayuga in a short freight. The half-door modification is courtesy of NERS' Standard Car Co. division, along with new grabs and steps, and basic brake rigging. As usual, C-D-S lettering.

100_5629.jpg

Wayne

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Housatonic Railroad(Real one here in Connecticut) This is a custom paint from Branchline trains. Only a few were produced, and mostly sold here in Connecticut. I just happened to get the last one my LHS had(He had ten of them to start)

Attachments

• hhrc8801.jpg
    hhrc8801.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 53

C&O Fan

Good looking cars here. Here is a wooden car I bought at a train show a couple of years ago. It appears to either be an older wooden kit, or a craftsman kit.

Attachments

• camera 808.jpg
    camera 808.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 67

viperman

No idea where I got this one, or who weathered it. The box itself was sitting in the scrap box, as were the rest of the parts (I doubt it's all from the same kit). Decided to put all the parts together to build a boxcar, and added kadee 5s. As you can see, it still needs some work, but I like it so far!
mytrains-5.jpg

doctorwayne

At first glance, I thought it was one of the old Train Miniature (now Walthers) versions of the USRA doublesheathed boxcar. While the TM car was a good-looking model, it was not the correct height (too low). Your car has a similar type of door tracks, and the "nubs" visible inside the doorway on the underside of the roof are the same as the TM car. What is different is the roof: while your car has 11 panels, the TM cars had twelve. Here's a picture of one of three that I rebuilt to match some prototype photos.

100_5507.jpg

My cars include reworked sides (to add the "missing" height), new doors, ends, roofwalk, and underbody, along with new brake gear and metal steps and grabs.
Hopefully, Ray Marinaccio will check in here, as he'll likely know the origin of your model.

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Here are some more boxcars that I have, none of which are weathered yet
C&O 50' Boxcar
GBW 50' Thrall All DoorBoxcar
UPFE (Union Pacfic Fruit Express) Mec. Reefer

Attachments

• C&O.jpg
    C&O.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • GBW.jpg
    GBW.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 45
  • UP BOXCAR.jpg
    UP BOXCAR.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 43

viperman

From comparing it to other boxcars I have, it is the same length as my 40 footers, and appears to me to be a single door. The paneling on the side looks like wood, rather than metal like on modern cars, so it must be a model of an old timer

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Here are some boxcars of mine in N Scale,

40' UP Boxcar
50' CNW Bocxar
50' GBW Boxcar

Attachments

• Box Car - UP.jpg
    Box Car - UP.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Box  Car - CNW.jpg
    Box Car - CNW.jpg