here is pics of one of our club members scratch built o-scale grain elevator.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
i think he did a great job! but i need work on taking pics....lol

Attachments

• scrach1.JPG
    scrach1.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 11
  • scrach2.JPG
    scrach2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 6
  • scrach3.JPG
    scrach3.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 6
  • scrach4.JPG
    scrach4.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 8

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
we are expanding the layout, there are plans to move the one with the house out to a new spot and a new modular will go in there. the plans are to double the layout size and make it an L shape.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
ozzy.... ozzy.....ozzzy.... dont take this the wrong way but I think THAT o scale stuff looks totally awesome. If I had the money and the space(which I would have if I had the money)I would do a O scale layout. But what I cant figure out is the love for the other big scale stuff that looks like (remember you said you wouldnt get offended ) toy stuff.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
ozzy.... ozzy.....ozzzy.... dont take this the wrong way but I think THAT o scale stuff looks totally awesome. If I had the money and the space(which I would have if I had the money)I would do a O scale layout. But what I cant figure out is the love for the other big scale stuff that looks like (remember you said you wouldnt get offended ) toy stuff.

if you think about it, HO and N scale is not any cheaper, you just need more room.

the walthers oil rig with motor in N scale is around 80.00, the same thing in o scale is only 40.00.