Helping Underpriviledged Children!!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 77railer, Jan 6, 2005.

1. 77railer

77railer Member

I live in South Carolina....and yes we would love to have the models...they would be a nice addition to our layout.....

Recent donations: Last night we had a gentleman who lives in Darlington SC donate enough metal wheels to convert most if not all of our rolling stock :)

77Railer
  2. 77railer

77railer Member

Well gang...things ben kinda slow around here...testing and such...hoping to get things cranked up again tomorrow. Have the club meetings at 1:00 so that will be a plus. RKSSTL has agreed to send us a prodigy dcc system...aint that awsome...cant wait to show the kids....hope to post some pics tomorrow of the club members......77Railer
  3. 77railer

77railer Member

Here are the latest pics....hope yall enjoy....got some more on the other camera...gonna try to get those posted this weekend......77Railer

Attached Files:

4. ausien

ausien Active Member

great progress leroy, the kids are realy getting into it,.Keep up the good work...have a good one..steve
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Stuff!!!!
  6. 77railer

77railer Member

Here are the pics I been promising...sorry it took so long.
    77Railer
  7. 77railer

77railer Member

New Pics

Here is the first set.....

Attached Files:

8. 77railer

77railer Member

Pics

Here is more...

Attached Files:

9. 77railer

77railer Member

pics

the last of em...until next week lol...

Attached Files:

10. N Gauger

That's great!! So glad to see them having fun!!!! :)
  11. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

math

Those kids look all rapt (pun intended) in the modeling bit. Are you sure, I mean absolutely sure, positive without a doubt, down and dirty sure, they're not using it to delay math? Heheheh. I was young once too, tho beit a couple centuries ago.

Lynn
  12. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Looks like they really are enjoying it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  13. 77railer

77railer Member

Yes, Yes....I know there is that possibility yellow....but since Im enjoying as much as they are it will be ok,lol. Im gonna fax MRC tomorrow and see if they will be cooperative and help us out with a couple walk around units. Wish me luck.

77Railer
  14. 77railer

77railer Member

I know I havent posted in awhile. The world spins so fast. I have finally coordinated with a fellow int he next town and he will be coming thursday afternoon to help me finish laying track and wiring. MRC has agreed to send us the needed walkaround units for the dcc system that RKSSTL donated. Im still scrownging for handouts and Atlas has jumped on board with somemore track...gotta figure out where to put it,lol. The district has loaned me a box truck to transport the layout so that is a plus. I will post some updated pics after thursday...hope everyone is doing alright.

77Railer
  15. N Gauger

Great News :) Keep us informed :) :) Great to hear the big guys are helping a bit too :) )
  16. ausien

ausien Active Member

yeh Leroy, keep up the good work, and wish the kids a good one from me... have a good one..steve
  17. 77railer

77railer Member

Hey gang...Accurail sent the club 12 cars of various road names....props go out to them for jumping on board and helping us out. Alse TRFlyer has sent us some modeling supplies and two kits....Thanks man. Also got the MRC DCC system from RKKSTL. Hope to get a bunch completed this week. Got two fellas coming down to give a hand on wednesday...will take pics thru the process.
  18. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

I havent read threw this but , are you looking for donations?
  19. 77railer

77railer Member

Well, today a friend of mine from greenville drove 3 hrs to help with the layout and another friend from darlington drove an hour to help as well. We made some club decisions and came up with another layout plan and the three of us will be putting it together next wednesday. Considering carving out some gullies in the foam and running the n-scale stuff we recieved under pieces of the ho track. Its small enough that we wouldnt have to build bridges or supports for the gaps and would be different. At least Ive never seen n-scale running beneath an ho line. Anyone else?

77RAILER
  20. LIRR

LIRR Member

This is a great service you are doing.