HELPFUL TIP FOR FREEBIE SEEKERS

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Feb 5, 2005.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Buenos tacos Guys,

Ok, first off lemme say there is no free model link on this posting. However, in my vast exploits in search of freebies I often (as we all do) run across websites that are written in....... well jibberish if you happen to be a "bi-lingual illiterate" such as myself. (Someone who cant speak in two languages).
    But wait! there is hope. Here are two links to translation sites here on the net. If you know how to copy and paste this is a great help in reading these pages. If you dont know how to copy and paste on the computer, have no fear, I am gonna explain how after the links.
    The first site is one everyone of us have been to, but may not know they offer translations:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

This link will translate individual words or entire webpages to and from various languages including: GERMAN, FRENCH, ITALIAN, PORTUGUESE, KOREAN, SPANISH, JAPANESE AND SIMPLIFIED CHINESE.
    To translate an entire web page, scroll to the bottom of the 2nd light blue box, and insert the webpage you desire translated. then click the arrow on the drop down box and chose how you wish to have it translated...ie..... french to english etc....then click translate. Its as simple as that.
    Ok, for other languages including those listed above, but also for RUSSIAN, go to this link:

http://translation2.paralink.com/

Again, choose how you wish to have it translated. Now I know not many of us know how to type russian (См., Вы наклоняетесь, читают, это может Вы? - translated= See, you cant read this can you?). So, I am gonna explain how to copy and paste so you can copy the text you desire translated to the translation box. Its really simple and a very useful thing to know.

1. place your cursor at the begining of the word or paragraph you wish translated.
    2. left click and hold as you drag your cursor to the end of the word or paragraph (the text will turn blue).
    3. now, hold down the ctrl button and hit the letter c. (this copies the blue text)
    4. Go to the translation site, chose how you desire it translated, click on the text box where you will insert the copied text and hold don the ctrl button and hit the letter v . this will paste it in the text box.
    5. now click "translate" and in a matter of seconds you have your translation.

ONCE MORE: HOLD DOWN CTRL AND HIT LETTER C TO COPY
    HOLD DOWN CTRL AND HIT LETTER V TO PASTE.
    SIMPLE HUH?

I posted this here because in this forum, there is more "surfing" going on than in the other forums.
    Anyway, I need to run, I have an appointment to get my flat-top re-leveled (hair, not an aircraft carrier).

HASTA LASAGNA GUYS,

-GEEDUBBYA
  2. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I use the ImTranslator IE plug-in, which works well, although as with all translation programs some phrases get a bit mangled. "The Spirit is strong, but the flesh is weak" = "The Vodka is good, but the meat has gone off"

But you get the drift.....

Tim P