help

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by JVRR, Jun 22, 2005.

1. JVRR

JVRR Member

hi iam going to build my first layout 72" by 36" it has no turnouts. iwant one track but multi level. i dont know my budget because of my age (14) my brother is going to help with electrical wiring I currentlly have no engines but am getting one i have 10 boxcars and to fltbeds and 3 log haulers please reply

jvrr:) :D :(
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge Josh
    I presume you are talking about HO scale here. You could fold a loop back on itself which would give you multi level. If you can afford it you should add a switch or two just to make running the train a little more interesting. The base for this layout could be as simple as a door which you could get from a lumber store and a set of folding legs. Where I live that would cost around $100. There are other forms of framework which may cost a little more. With a power pack(which your brother may be able to build for you) track and a locomotive you could be spending around $300 or more depending on where you buy your stuff.
  3. JVRR

JVRR Member

thanks for the idea iam not sure what you mean by fold back on itself do you think you can make a diagram

jvrr:) :) :) :) :) :)
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Hope this rough sketch will show what I mean.

Attached Files:

5. JVRR

JVRR Member

Thanks for the idea. But Iam swicthing to N scale with a bigger layout.check the forum HO scale help thread JVRR.

JVRR