Help with polish Aircraft model

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by topgunner, May 22, 2009.

1. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Hello
    I have a polish model Kartonowy PBY-2 Catalina 1:33 all the instructions are in polish,is there a way to get the instructions in english?I googled it with no luck for that model,it was a gift and have no idea where it was purchased,any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks
    John
    topgunner3@cox.net
  2. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hi Topgunner,

I don't know about instructions in English, but if all else fails, maybe you can find a Polish translator website that will translate the sentences for you. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.
  3. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Thanks Steve Ill try that.

John
  4. sakrison

sakrison Member

You could try e-mailing karton@halinski.com.pl, the publisher. Otherwise, do what the rest of us do: follow the drawings, assembling things in numerical order. And if you get stumped, post a question here.
    No worries,
    --David
  5. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Thanks Dave Thats what im doing,I just finished a 1:33 PBY-Catalina,took me twice as long but its better than waiting for a translation,anyway i found that some of the polish words translated into english (I google them)make no sense.Im working on a C-130 1:33 scale(Polish model)
  6. sakrison

sakrison Member

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. . .
    The Cardmodeling FAQ has a glossary of Polish words commonly found in paper models. You'll find it at http://www.cardfaq.org/faq/polish.html
    And www.cardfaq.org has more than you really wanted to know about card modeling. It probably hasn't been updated in years but most of the information is timeless.
    Have fun.
    --David
  7. topgunner

topgunner New Member

Thanks again David