Help with new layout

TrainClown

Here is a 3D view of the layout. This is to scale and was created with 3rd PlanIt, so this is what she would look like.

Attachments

• ript73 2.jpg
    ript73 2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 24

TrainClown

The grades are all 2.5% and this is what the grade looks like from the side.

Attachments

• ript73 3.jpg
    ript73 3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 31

TrainClown

This engine's cab is right under the upper track, so you can see the clearance.

Attachments

• ript73 4.jpg
    ript73 4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 23

TrainClown

Here is the yard. It has a run-around track and lots of room for a station.

Attachments

• ript73 5.jpg
    ript73 5.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 23

TrainClown

Here is a better view of the port. This water line was drawn in about 30 seconds and you could make it much more interesting with a possible stream entering it, giving your trains some bridges to cross. The shore could be longer too, giving you way more detail along the coastline.

Well, there you go. I hope this gets yer brain juice flowin'. :thumb:

TrainClown :wave:

Attachments

• ript73 6.jpg
    ript73 6.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 26

ript73

Oh Wow! Thanks for taking the time to design that, TrainClown. This is exactly what I was looking for on what to do with my layout. I can't wait to get started and I will definately be posting up pictures of my progress. I like the idea of a river feeding into the coastline and adding the coastline to the layout is something I hadn't even thought of and now that I've seen it, it's a great idea.

Thanks again TrainClown and everyone else's input!

zedob

TrainClown,

You ought give him an idea of what the terrain could look like once a mountain or two were added and the terrain is conformed to the track.

3rdplanit is a great program. I'm still in learning curve mode, but it's helped me out considerably.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
TrainClown said:
;) Glad to have a scratch. :thumb:

Very nice design TC. You really have a nack for it. One thing you should also add though is the locations of access ports, especially along the bottom (5' deep) and in the lower left hand corner (5'10" deep). Also the left hand side is 3' deep, although the port takes up most of it. That's fine as long as you don't need a lot of access to it.

ript73

One thing I may add is that I will have access to all sides, including the back "inside the L" shape. I plan on putting the whole thing on rolling casters so I can pull it away from the wall for access to the back.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
That pretty much takes care of the reach problem. :thumb: Be sure your floor is smooth. HO doesn't tip over as easily as N but a bump in the right (wrong?) direction can cause a lot of frustration :mad: if not any real damage. :cry: I hope TC's layout works for you, it looks like a good one. :thumb: :thumb: Be sure to post pics when you can. :cool: :D

tillsbury

Damn you're good Trainclown... One of these days I'm going to post you a big bench layout and ask for your help on my dream layout... certainly before I start doing too much work on it...

Charles

TrainClown

Sure Charles. Sounds like fun. ;)

ript73- Sorry I didn't add the mountains, but I don't have the time right now. It sonds like you are all set to go, and all you needed was a direction. I'm glad you like the plan. Any questions, just ask.:rolleyes:

As for me. Summer stuff taking all my time, and I'm lucky to check in here every once in a while. Fall is just around the corner and the new modeling season will be under way. Soon I will be starting my new layout. What fun that will be.:thumb:

The other day I dropped some loot at the LHS and got some plastic goodies.

Stockin' up and makin' plans.