Help with First Layout

jkinosh

Dec 1, 2005
Lorain, Ohio
I am considering building my first layout. I have come up with a drawing of what I would like to do, but am having trouble trying to put it into the Right Track software that I downloaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Comments are always welcome.

Thanks,

Jacob
wave.gif

I have some layout diagrams in this posting.

http://www.the-gauge.com/thread17202-help-with-first-layout.html

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
Whatever you used in the companion thread seems to work fine, but for what it is worth RTS is simple to use - you just need to get used to using it.

JD

jkinosh said:
I am considering building my first layout. I have come up with a drawing of what I would like to do, but am having trouble trying to put it into the Right Track software that I downloaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Comments are always welcome.

Thanks,

Jacob
wave.gif

I have some layout diagrams in this posting.

http://www.the-gauge.com/thread17202-help-with-first-layout.html

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
You don't need any run around tracks because all of your turnouts are trailing point, but if you did put any facing point turnouts in place or just need a run around, a couple of turnouts added to that long passing siding to make a crossover at each end would give you some easily accessed runaround tracks. Otherwise it looks like a fun concept to me.

jkinosh

Dec 1, 2005
Lorain, Ohio
Thanks for the input, Really the thing I'm kinda worried about is that the turn radius is to small. inside the loop. I am thinking that the Loop will be elevated a bit, and have a RR bridge to cross over the other track.

Again, any comments are welcome.

Jacob:cool:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
What scale are you modeling and what size table? If that is ho on a 4x8, the loop may be too tight a radius, but tring to make it an over under loop will also be a problem because you will have to have excessively steep grades to get enough separation.

jkinosh

Dec 1, 2005
Lorain, Ohio
As the image stated the board was 3 X 5, and the original post was in the N scale forum. Sorry I forgot to say that it was N scale.

Jacob