help with color?

I posted this on another forum, too... looking for ideas...

wildwest.jpg

ww.jpg

Looks to me like a stable or lumber yard. I was thinking in the weathered gray family? with some burnt orange under the eaves?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Gray sounds good. My memory of lumber yards is that a lot of them are pretty monochromatic, no matter what color they are painted. It seems to convey the company feel with all of the buildings colored the same.

Nice looking building, by the way!
Ralph

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Leave as is.
Just weather it. I think it'll look great.
It'll give the illusion of different construction and additions built down through the years.

doctorwayne

Grey, dark green, or boxcar red would all work, and if you vary the shade on different parts of the structure, you can give the illusion that various parts were built at different times.

Wayne

Herc Driver

Reminds me of a lumber yard I just went to last week...same type of general look to it...and at that yard, most of the buildings were old and grayed wood, which I though was funny since they had lumber everywhere. There was saw dust piles here and there, and lumber of various cuts and lengths stacked. So I'd probably vote for a gray weathering, and add some old boards here and there. But all in all - that's a great looking building.