Help with Bazookajo's Stimpy model

osterac

Hi,
I just finished cutting out all the pieces of Bazookajo's Stimpy papercraft model (as seen here) and I need help putting it together. There are instructions included with some of his other models, but not this one. I sent him a PM, but got no response. I just think if I try to assemble it from photos alone (and the fairly helpful diagram) I will mess it up. Has anyone done this one, or can anyone offer any insight?
Thanks

Z

Zathros

At the beginning of the instructions is a picture that shows where the parts go. I personally would try and not use the tabs, opting for paper strips on the inside where possible, but that picture should give you what you need. Post pictures with the problem areas. That will give us an idea of what should go where. :)

The link below has the instructions.

https://www.box.com/shared/2ckb0k4304lkp2z3d1c8

osterac

The problem I had with those instructions is that they don't show all the pieces, but I guess that's all there is. I will start building and post about any problems I have then.

Z

Zathros

That's a really established model. If you had said, "I have not started this model, I wonder if all the pieces are there?", I would have told you, That's a really established model, and would not have followed the link to make sure you downloaded the right model. Have some faith!! You owe me 9 minutes by the way, (including typing this response.) :)

osterac

I did end up finishing it in time for Christmas (with some pieces left over, I assume they were for structural support).
I took your advice about paper strips, seems like some of the structural support pieces would have been for similar things but I didn't know what to put where and they would take much more time to glue on because of their complexity.
I ended up getting Aleene's quick dry tacky glue, it was a better deal than the zip dry. I'm quite happy with it, and no more super glue callouses (and it doesn't make my eyes hurt from fumes). I gave the stimpy model to my friend and he really seemed to like it. I also made a Santa hat for a white elephant party. Pictures of both attached.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Stimpy.jpg
    Stimpy.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 29
  • santa hat.jpg
    santa hat.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 26
  • santa hat panarama.jpg
    santa hat panarama.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 32
Z

Zathros

I'm very Happy that you succeeded and that YOU are happy with your success. You could probably make anything you want. Figures, in general, are hard to make, so you are now "one of is one of us, gooboo gaba, one of us! :)