Help With Athearn

snick

Jun 6, 2006
:confused:I just bought a Athearn F7 with DCC and sound, does any one know how to program the ditch & mars loghts?:confused:

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
I just did a search on Athearn looked at F-7 units with sound and DCC.
There is a manual on line that tells you how the mars light works- I did not see where there was anything for ditch lights.
Your manual should help you---if not to there site,and look for support.
At this time I don't think that the loco is equiped with ditch lights?
Could be wrong but I did not see any information about the ditch lights.:confused:

snick

Jun 6, 2006
help Athearn DCC

I looked on the site and in the manual that came with the loco, they only state that the lights are there, but not how to program them. :confused:

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
So do the lights (ditch lights) come on- or stay off?
Point me to where you found the information on the ditch lights on there site, if you could, I missed it.:confused: Should have some instructions on how to turn off-on flash etc.

snick

Jun 6, 2006
Athearn DCC

I can't find anything on the lights. The unit has a upper & lower light when I turn the light on only the lower one lights. There is not any information on programming the lights. Does anyone have one?:confused:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
snick:wav: , i am sorry, i do not have one of Athearns new F units:frowns: , but i DO know this: the REAL F&E units had the mars lights on top, the running light is the lower one:winki: . BTW, F&E units DO NOT have "ditch lights", they do have "classification lights", but i highly doubt Athearn has made them workable.

have you taken the shell off yet? does it have separate lights run to BOTH the upper and lower front lights?, or is the light source shared between the two?:confused: what kind of sound decoder is in it(MRC is what i think Athearn uses, but not sure)?

if you give me the answers to these questions, it will help in finding the answer to your question:winki: .
:deano: -Deano

snick

Jun 6, 2006
Deano
I took the shell off there are two seperate lights, it is a MRC sound decoder. Only the bottom light lights up, I need to know how to program the top light.
Nick

Mine Are Not Factory Equipt With Operating Ditch Lights

Hello Snick, I have a couple of Athearn F7's factory equipt DCC with sound and lights and neither of them came equipt with operating ditch lights, I don't believe the F series had ditch lights, I believe the ditch lights became available about the time the F series were being phased out, but then I could be wrong, as I am not positive Hope this is of some help.sign1

planeshavings42