Help With A Layout Plan Please!!!

delve@woodlandt

May 22, 2005
I am requiring a little help. I want to build a layout in my loft and have a space available of 12 feet by 6 feet. Along the shorter side I can accomodate 2 feet wide base boards, and along the longer sides I can have 18 inch wide boards, which will give me a 3 foot wide operating well in the middle. I am not going to model any particular company (e.g. G.W.R.) or specific time, but just want to be able to run trains! I would like a double track mainline on different levels with bridges etc. Possibly other loops as well. Would anyone be able to give me some ideas for a track plan as I have not been able to come up with anything I like as yet.

Many Thanks,
Kevin Delve

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to The Gauge...! I assume you are working in Nscale since you have posted here, but we alos have a Track Planning forum to help with this sort of thing. You might want to try there if you don't get the response you want in here...

Can you tell us any more? Era? Industries? Location? It sounds like you want to see trains running in scenery? Is this the case?

Hope that helps... looking forward to more info!

Andrew

delve@woodlandt

May 22, 2005
Thanks for the reply Andrew,
Sorry I have not replied before, I am a truck driver and am only at home on weekends,
the era I was planning on was modern, possibly encorporating a preserved line so as i could also operate steam as well as modern image.
industries I thought possibly a water front or canal scene, maybe some light industrial factories.
location possibly somwhere in the u.k. but not specific so that modellers license can come into play.
Cheers
Kevin