Help Wanted

Sam1

Oct 27, 2007
Hi All
i found what i think is a flying scotsman with coal holder and 3 pullman carriages when cleaning out my dads attic it must be about 40 years old just wondering if it,s worth anything.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Is it worth anything to you..?? Is it in running condition--with a little TLC..?
Its true $$ value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Is it in a box? What manufacturer is it from? If there is no box, you turn it over to check.

In most cases, it wouldn't be worth much...but it could be.

If it is the Flying scotsman...it would probably be numbered 1472 or 4472 with LNER on the tender...or it would be numbered 60103 and have British Railways on the tender.

The way to see it would be on ebay...but if someone in your family has any interest, it could be worth more to them.

50yr old models can have decent value for collectors...but not much for normal model railroaders.

Sam1

Oct 27, 2007
Hi ok it,s hornby i don,t know what the tender is but the only number on it is 34005 hope this helps

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
The Tender is what you call the coal carrier.

This is what I got from a database on the net:

The loco you are referring to used to be made by Wrenn, but was later made by Hornby, which was better known as Hornby Dublo (Play on the Scale OO- Double O, so it's as good as an HO loco). It's a British Railways loco.

That would make it a metal locomotive. BR Brunswick Green, (4 leading wheels, 6 driving wheels and two trailing wheels) 4-6-2. The name above one of the driving wheels (the big ones) should be Barnstaple.

Model was built between 1961 and 1964, catalogue number: 2235