Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by GEEDUBBYA, Jul 2, 2006.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Sometime last year, one of our members posted a free model of the USS SkipJack Submarine in the parts bin. I downloaded it and have since then lost it.
    Could the owner of the model or a member of the forum who has the model please send me a copy at GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net .

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

Greg aka GW
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who sent me this file. Yesterday I was "submarineless" this morning I had 8 copies lol.
    I emailed each of you with a thank you but wanted to say thanks in the forum. And also say that I have gotten what I needed and anyone else who is looking for the file on my behalf, I appreciate your efforts, but you can stop looking.

Again, thank you all, ya'll are a great bunch of people,

Greg aka GW:)
  3. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Greg, you should know enough to be careful of what you wish for - especially with this bunch! :)
    Happy Fourth
    Fred Z.
  4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

What is the Skipjack submarine?
  5. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Why was thw Parts link removed?? Shouldn't Parts Bin links be permanent so this doesn't happen ????
  6. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

skipjack

Skipjack is a name that has been applied to at least 3 US Navy submarines:
    [​IMG]

I assume that GW was looking for a model of SSN 585 which was the first attempt to put nuclear power in a teardrop shaped hull. By all accounts that I have seen, this was a great sub.

GW, is this the model ? http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commu...d=200596&folderview=thumbs&groupid=108729&ck=

-Jim G
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

In a previous version/incarnation of this site, we did have that, a link on the front page to the Parts Bin.

but during the move to this new Board OS, we lost that capability, so since that time, I made another section on the boards, with the Parts Bin, it is not the best idea, but it was the best I could come up with, the other idea that I have is to create a separate section, webpage/site, to hold all the things we used to have up there.

I need some more thought on that one

Rick
  8. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

To Jim G, Yes sir! thats the model, I saved it in my Favorites so I won't lose it again.
    And again, I thank all of you who responded to this thread.

Have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW
  9. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Understood. Old site Vs New site. Not all content can be moved.