Help needed with DCM Airco DH 2

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by amaro79, Sep 18, 2005.

1. amaro79

amaro79 New Member

Hello. I dont ussually post in here but recently i bought a copy of DCM airco dh 2.

I am having troubles building the nacelle interior as there are no images of how the seat, fuel tank and gun pole are displaced.

One particular doubt I have is that the fuel tank doesnt seems to fit properly inside the nacelle. Should I glue it to the floor of the nacelle or to the round upper part?

Other thing, I have seen some pictures of this aircraft and it seems to me that the rear part of the nacelle has to be cutted and bend slightly up. Am I correct?

If there is anyone that made alreadyt his model and could send me some detailed pictures of the nacelle (inside and rear part) I will appreciate.

Thank you

Jorge Amaro
  2. amaro79

amaro79 New Member

Hello. I dont ussually post in here but recently i bought a copy of DCM airco dh 2.

I am having troubles building the nacelle interior as there are no images of how the seat, fuel tank and gun pole are displaced.

One particular doubt I have is that the fuel tank doesnt seems to fit properly inside the nacelle. Should I glue it to the floor of the nacelle or to the round upper part?

Other thing, I have seen some pictures of this aircraft and it seems to me that the rear part of the nacelle has to be cutted and bend slightly up. Am I correct?

If there is anyone that made alreadyt his model and could send me some detailed pictures of the nacelle (inside and rear part) I will appreciate.

Thank you

Jorge Amaro
  3. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hello Jorge,

Well, I am sorry I cant help you with this particular model, but I did want to welcome you to the forum and tell you we are glad to have you here. I did look up the plane in www.google.com images and there are tons of photographs.....not of the model, but of the actual plane, maybe that might help you.

anyway, welcome to the forum and someone might be able to help you out with this model

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  4. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hello Jorge,

Well, I am sorry I cant help you with this particular model, but I did want to welcome you to the forum and tell you we are glad to have you here. I did look up the plane in www.google.com images and there are tons of photographs.....not of the model, but of the actual plane, maybe that might help you.

anyway, welcome to the forum and someone might be able to help you out with this model

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  5. amaro79

amaro79 New Member

Hi Greg!

Thank you for your words and help.

I do papermodeling for a couple of years already although I never really participated in any of the comunities we all know as I felt I didn´t had experience enough to achieve the magnificent results we are used to see frequently.

So here I am trying to contribute to this wonderful way of spending time...

I will try to post on a regular basis and share my work with all of you.

Jorge Amaro
  6. amaro79

amaro79 New Member

Hi Greg!

Thank you for your words and help.

I do papermodeling for a couple of years already although I never really participated in any of the comunities we all know as I felt I didn´t had experience enough to achieve the magnificent results we are used to see frequently.

So here I am trying to contribute to this wonderful way of spending time...

I will try to post on a regular basis and share my work with all of you.

Jorge Amaro