Help me I have a sickness!

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
You know, I can't seem to get any trackwork done here lately, but I sure can go loco while buying locos (yeah, I know, that was bad).

I am recently a DCC convert, and I have 4 engines that run DCC. I have to say it is SWEEEEEET. But today. . . .

I went to my LHS to see about the LLP2K High Hood GP30's; they had my beloved N&W schemes. So I get to look at one of the geeps with sound (and got to play with it to boot), and the next question I asked was "Do you have it in the Half Moon/Hamburger Herald scheme?" He did, and I got to put them both together and run them. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! I will never get anything again without sound.

I walked out with both of them. See, I have a sickness :D

Attachments

• P9160087.JPG
    P9160087.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 94
  • P9160086.JPG
    P9160086.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 87

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Those arer beauts!! :thumb: They look good in black! Also sign1 on the hamburger logo comparison! :D

Heh, I just picked up a second hand ALCo PA/PB set (espee daylight :) )With sound! WOO WOO!!! It sound just like a real Alco, and if you leave it in idle too long, the engine will stall, and rev up again! :D (no that isn't straight from the factory folks, it's modified for sound)

Also, on my binge, I bought a LL P2k GP9 Black widow, SP and TWO ATLAS FP7's!!

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
WOW those are good looking. Did you get them at The Little Choo Choo or a store closer to Raleigh?

I've got that same sickness. As I posted before...I really need to make up a business card that I can hand over to a hobby store manager saying, "I have ADD - Aquiring Diesels Disorder - which means I must purchase a new diesel before leaving this store. Please help me pick out a good one. Thank you."

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
91rioja,sign1 glad to know I am NOT the only one with the sickness!:thumb: 52 engines in my collection, ALL with sound!;) GREAT LOOKING engine you got there!:thumb: BTW, your right, once you get sound, theres NO GOING BACK;) . :D -Deano

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
I was talking to a doctor friend of mine and told him of your sickness. He seemed very concerned. I asked him what a person with this terrible illness could do? "Only one thing", he repied. "This person must give all his loco's away. If he sucomes to the urge to buy one, the poor pitiful creature should send that purchase to some one who would take it off his hands. It's the only thing that will save him!"
I know it's a sacrifice...but I'll take them off your hands and help you on the road to recovery!.....Don't give em to Deano......he's sick too!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Nazgul said:
I was talking to a doctor friend of mine and told him of your sickness. He seemed very concerned. I asked him what a person with this terrible illness could do? "Only one thing", he repied. "This person must give all his loco's away. If he sucomes to the urge to buy one, the poor pitiful creature should send that purchase to some one who would take it off his hands. It's the only thing that will save him!"
I know it's a sacrifice...but I'll take them off your hands and help you on the road to recovery!.....Don't give em to Deano......he's sick too!
Hmm...Steve, thats funny, MY doctor told me my case is terminal:eek:ops:tooth1, and the ONLY THING that COULD keep ME going was to BUY AS MANY engines w/sound as I COULD!:thumb: sign1 I have a UP SD45T-2 that will be on my doorstep Monday(I'll post it in my thread Mon night), and the Monroe show is next weekend!!:thumb: i plan on buying enough engines to keep me going for awhile;) tooth1 sign1 :D -Deano

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
Herc, yes I went to Spencer yesterday to the Little Choo Choo Shop, and I guess I also have a case of ADD as well.

Steve, I'm not giving my beloved N&W engines away to you, Deano, or anyone else; I'll take my chances buying more and keeping them for myself.

Deano, Miles, Terminal. .. . . . now that's funny.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Chris - went to Little Choo Choo Shop for the first time last week and picked up an SD35 Montana Rail Link for a steal. Almost every Nscale diesel they had was marked waaaay down. And I was amazed...they had just about everything you could ever want in N and HO scales. I found out that several bigger named hobby stores around the country refer people to Little Choo Choo for hard to find items. It's about an hour drive (no I-85 traffic that is) from the house, which is probably good...any closer and I'd be broke - but I'd have an awesome collection of Nscale diesels, and HO diesels, and O diesels, and G diesels running around the yard, and..........