Help making large Conifers/ pines

Johnson Bar

May 15, 2003
Southcentral USA
Visit site
Scratching large Conifers/Pines is the set I onlyset back I have Vague ideas on. If anyone has any methods of construction I am all ears! I have heard of wooden dowel tapered then air fern placed in holes that are drilled in the dowel. The sizes would vary I am working in On3O . The tallest one company produces is 9".

Johnson Bar

May 15, 2003
Southcentral USA
Visit site
Thanks Jon! I do certainly thank you for your help! I will get to the hobby shop and grab a copy! I seen it on the shelves and went to the web site , but didnt read the article . Live and learn! Thanks again! :wave:

Johnson Bar

May 15, 2003
Southcentral USA
Visit site
well, be as it may the hobby shop ran out of that issue . I have tried to get Him... to answer on the site here but sadly enough I havent recieved a reply. I will attempt your route!
I surely dont want to pester people. Thanks Again!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Are you trying to contact me Johnson Bar? I couldn't send you a PM you have it off.
Shamus

Johnson Bar

May 15, 2003
Southcentral USA
Visit site
Yes Sir Mr. Shamus I surely am trying to contact you! I havent a clue on how to turn the PM option on Sorry! Yes, How did you make those fine looking conifers on your layout?
I missed the issue of RMC at the local hobby shop . I havent ever seen such well modeled trees as yours. Would you share that method Please!

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Dan I'm wondering do you have a copy of the article as I dont subscribe to this publication and none of my LHS carry it. I'd love a copy if you or someone else could find the time to send me one.
Thanks Pat

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Pat,

The kind folks at Benchmark Pubilcations (NGSL Gazette) still have back issues of this magazine available at $4.95. Give them a call at 1-800-545-4102 or fax them at 650-941-3845.

Dan

Johnson Bar

May 15, 2003
Southcentral USA
Visit site
Hey Thanks a bunch Guys ! Lighthorseman I went to that site and that is a great way to make pine trees! those pines dont look like bottle brushes! Thank you ! Also Dan , Thanks for your lead as well . I will see if I can muster up that issue! I will post some pic's when I get some scenery done!!! :thumb: :cool: :D