Help, i need loco storage track?

hello everyone, im modeling the AT&SF post 1970's on a small ficticious short line and need to know if there is a such thing a place used to store locos when there not being used or on a turn around? im not talking about a yard or loco facility, remember, this is a branch line out in the middle of no where. any ideas or pictures or comments are really appreciated, im at the point where i need to decide if i have room for something like this or not. Sorry if this is a stupid question!:rolleyes:

Jim Krause

I saw something like that in Trains magazine a few months ago. One locomotive on a shortline RR. They just used a metal building large enough for the loco.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
What Jim said - big steel shed, or nothing. If nothing, there's probably at least a fence around the area...

Andrew

scubadude

I'm doing this on my layout. It's from Pikestuff and is modular in that you can build it in a variety of ways.....They have many different buildings, this one is called the Atkinson Engine Facility....Rix Products
I'll try to find more pics....

Attachments

• engine shop.JPG
    engine shop.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 8

Pooh Bah
If the branchline is old enough, there might be a building left over from steam days. This might be brick or wooden (probably not stone). All sorts of engine sheds for this.

Russ Bellinis

Here in So Cal. they frequently just park the locomotive on a siding out of the way of the main line when the branch line locomotives are not in use.