Help: How to remove Bachmann F7 shell.

KentBy

GN, NP, SP&S
I am not sure how to do this. I don't see any pins on the side of the frame that go through the shell. The side seem loose enough to come off. I don't see any thing on the aft end and this one will need to come loose first because of the coupler on the front. I don't want to pry to hard and break the shell.

There are a couple of screws in the middle of the frame, but I am thinking that they hold the motor on and don't have anything to do the the remove of the shell.

Has anyone removed their Bachmann F7 shell? Can you give me a hint?

Kent

DeckRoid

Hey Kent

I believe they come apart much like the Athearns and Stewarts come apart: In the middle of the train, between the sets of wheels, the shell should pull out a bit for the plastic ledge of the frame to pop out. Most of the time, I can just finger nail it, but on one of my stewart's I have to use my exacto to slightly pull the shell away from the frame.

Hope this helps, but I have not dealt with Bachmann F7s.

George

KentBy

GN, NP, SP&S
Thanks for the reply George.

I went back and took another look and discovered that there were post coming off the shell that lead up to some screws in the frame.
I remove the two screws in the frame on either side of the fuel tank. A little prying and the shell came off.
Putting it back on, I needed to pry a little on the post as I rotated the shell into place.

Maybe this post will help someone else in the future.

Kent