[help] galleas 'Karl und Marie'

jerry_bee

Jan 9, 2005
tczew PL
hello,

at Koga forum we have started quite unique, I think, project of virtual, modelling studio. our goal is to start from a scratch and build a wooden model of german galleas 'Karl und Marie'. it was a typical german galleas, built ca. 1880 in Bremen, and sailed on Baltic sea.

the first step is to prepare more detailed plans and assembly drawings. so, we are urgently looking for any information about this ship.

for sure, I know ther was an east german magazine 'Modellbau Heute' and in an issue no. 7/1981 there was an article about this ship. maybe anyone have this? it would be really great help...

the next step is to build this model, of course. the more, our goal is to start an on-line course of modelling! and everyone is invited! you have to speak polish, only...

I know, this is a cardboard modelling forum, but the problem of good source plan is common for modellers ;). I hope someone has something in his/her archives!

with regards, jerry_bee

jerry_bee

Jan 9, 2005
tczew PL
hello,

at Koga forum we have started quite unique, I think, project of virtual, modelling studio. our goal is to start from a scratch and build a wooden model of german galleas 'Karl und Marie'. it was a typical german galleas, built ca. 1880 in Bremen, and sailed on Baltic sea.

the first step is to prepare more detailed plans and assembly drawings. so, we are urgently looking for any information about this ship.

for sure, I know ther was an east german magazine 'Modellbau Heute' and in an issue no. 7/1981 there was an article about this ship. maybe anyone have this? it would be really great help...

the next step is to build this model, of course. the more, our goal is to start an on-line course of modelling! and everyone is invited! you have to speak polish, only...

I know, this is a cardboard modelling forum, but the problem of good source plan is common for modellers ;). I hope someone has something in his/her archives!

with regards, jerry_bee

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Hello Jerry Bee,

I see you have posted here before, but allow me to welcome you anyway.
Ok, I looked up the ship and came across this website:

http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Krick_Front.htm

They have a model of the ship and could probably provide you with some background info on it. I realize you were wanting to design a model yourself, but, this is only what I came up with. They have a "contact" link on the lower left side of their page where you can email them and possibly ask for information.
You might also try going to www.google.com and searching for it there.

sorry I couldnt be of more help, have a nice day,

Greg (GW)

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Hello Jerry Bee,

I see you have posted here before, but allow me to welcome you anyway.
Ok, I looked up the ship and came across this website:

http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Krick_Front.htm

They have a model of the ship and could probably provide you with some background info on it. I realize you were wanting to design a model yourself, but, this is only what I came up with. They have a "contact" link on the lower left side of their page where you can email them and possibly ask for information.
You might also try going to www.google.com and searching for it there.

sorry I couldnt be of more help, have a nice day,

Greg (GW)

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
Here is a page in German where they discuss a model of the Karl und Marie. There are also some photos of the model. Your group wants to start from scratch, but this might give you some helpful information.
Karl und Marie model

Edit:

Here is a Russian page that has some small gif's of the plans for Karl und Marie. Maybe you can contact them and find out where you can get a copy of those plans.

Karl und Marie Russian site

Try a Google search for "Karl und Marie" (with the quotes). You get sites with information about existing models and some information about the galeasse type ship. :)

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
Here is a page in German where they discuss a model of the Karl und Marie. There are also some photos of the model. Your group wants to start from scratch, but this might give you some helpful information.
Karl und Marie model

Edit:

Here is a Russian page that has some small gif's of the plans for Karl und Marie. Maybe you can contact them and find out where you can get a copy of those plans.

Karl und Marie Russian site

Try a Google search for "Karl und Marie" (with the quotes). You get sites with information about existing models and some information about the galeasse type ship. :)

rwgauger

Dec 20, 2004
Karl & Marie Boat Plans

I have those plans (4pages) in rar format. Let me know if you want them.

Papermodeler

rwgauger

Dec 20, 2004
Karl & Marie Boat Plans

I have those plans (4pages) in rar format. Let me know if you want them.

Papermodeler

jerry_bee

Jan 9, 2005
tczew PL
hello all,

Geedubbya, we are making the model from a scratch, so any ready-to-made kits won't help us much, unfortunately.
SCEtoAux, I know these pages. Searching googles doesn't help much, it isn't very popular ship ;)
rwgauger - I'd like to check out your plans, if you don't mind send them at jery_bee@o2.pl please.

Guys, thank you very much for your help! we were surprised how many people would like to help us! Some valueable info I've just found in a library, so don't underestimate books ;). There were great german monographies about XIX century sailing ships.

Our project started on September 1st, now we are preparing hull and building slip.

regards, jerry_bee

jerry_bee

Jan 9, 2005
tczew PL
hello all,

Geedubbya, we are making the model from a scratch, so any ready-to-made kits won't help us much, unfortunately.
SCEtoAux, I know these pages. Searching googles doesn't help much, it isn't very popular ship ;)
rwgauger - I'd like to check out your plans, if you don't mind send them at jery_bee@o2.pl please.

Guys, thank you very much for your help! we were surprised how many people would like to help us! Some valueable info I've just found in a library, so don't underestimate books ;). There were great german monographies about XIX century sailing ships.

Our project started on September 1st, now we are preparing hull and building slip.

regards, jerry_bee