Help deciding which Titanic

milenio3

I'm about to get a Titanic model, but I need your opinions and insights on which Titanic to get.

I have 2 options:
a) JSC Titanic (JSC 082).
b) Schreiber Bogen Titanic (JFS 577).

I'm not taking Wilhelmshaven for now.

So please tell me, what do you think are pros and cons from each?

Thank you.

Jim Krauzlis

Hello, Gerardo!

I don't have the JFS version, so take this with a grain of salt, but the JSC version is a more recent publication, the graphics are superb and includes a great many more parts, which I translate into a more detailed model (JFS = 181 parts, JSC = 1924 parts!). For me, the better graphics and immense number of details would sway the decision, but I would wait and hope someone who actually has the JFS version can comment upon the kit. The JSC kit generally costs slightly more than the JFS version, but that's probably translated into the greater details/parts, although it's only about 2 sleeves or so more.

Not sure this helps any, but I hope it gives you something to consider in making your decision.

Cheers!
Jim

milenio3

Thank you Jim. That's a good point.

I checked the thread about the Titanic built on Kartonbau.de, but I haven't see anything from the Schreiber. I didn't want to shoot in the dark here.

S

sdk2knbk

I have the Schreiber Titanic. it looks pretty good. Six pages, 1/400 scale. A bit simplified in the lifeboats area (4 long rectangular boxes with the boats printed top and sides. So I'll have to agree with Jim and say the JSC is possibly better. BTW, I've been meaning to ask Thomas Pleiner if he ever released the JFS Titanic for download like he has done with others recently. I don't remember where from, but the one I've seen is very likely a pirate scan. Anyone know otherwise?

Scott K.

rlwhitt

Oooo, Titanic! Gerardo, I hope you will honor us with a build thread on this! I love watching ship builds.

Rick

phlipmbirner

I thank Geraldo for bringing up this topic of Titanic models. I've been waiting for someone to bring out a 1/200 or 1/250 scale model of the Titanic. Not that I am fussy or anything but I also want the model to have a full hull. Does anyone know if anything like this is coming out in the future. I would have thought with the release of the Oscar winning blockbuster movie of several years back there would have been a host of Titanic model releases. I've been disappointed.

GT5500

I am selling a Taschen Titanic model if any one is interested, its 152cm when complete!, make me an offer or I may trade it for other paper models.

milenio3

Haven't seen the titanic full hull, only in plastic by one of my fellow members at the local club. Very very nice, but again, I go for the paper model (at least the pics I've seen on the german forums are just GREAT).

@ GT5500, check your PM.

OldSalt

Has anyone built the 1:250 Wilhelmshaven Titanic? I have dim memories of a bad review of that one (which I have in my "to do" box). I did their SS United States about 20 years ago and it went together well.

i got as far as the hull and the main decking on the wilhelmshaven model, but just got to ticked off when shaping the stern( that was 3 yrs ago and its still sitting ...good thing i got laser color copies made that thing cost me 50$ new)

Janusz

Hola Geraldo

Titanic
Definitivamente Te recomiendo el modelo de JSC Es realmente muy bueno
Buenos Graficos, Buenos colores y Un nivel de precision inigualable en relacion al precio.
Definitivamente un buen modelo Saludos - Janusz

milenio3

Gracias, Janusz!

Checa tu PM.

Maybe the first week of January I'll get it. And yes, it's going to be the JSC.