Help! and what do ya think...

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
What did I do wrong?

I used Woodland Scenics Water, sealed the bottom, poured 1/8th deep layers (let dry for 24hrs between each), and I don't smoke.
Was it the Elmers that some items were glued down with, the Acrylic Jean Paint for the fish?
Did the sun cook it? Arrggghhh!!
Thanks for looking and any help.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
David- Yup! Koi. Old threads... possible Hair Dryer fix... I'll look. Thanks

Miles- Thanks. Modest as I am, I think its looking ok, too.

Still need to fix the water, paper the walls, some oriental path lights/lanterns, and a bridge over the ravine. Might even do some fiber optics for "real" lights.

This is going to be a Peace and Tranquilty spot for a friend. He likes Oriental things; Yin-Yang, etc. He can look at it on his desk and picture himself in the scene. Perhaps doing Tai-chi by the weeping willow or in the dojo, maybe walking the path, or sitting/standing on the dock, or crossing the bridge over the ravine (gotta build it).

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Ken

I have used the WS Realistic Water myself and found that it will fog during the drying/curing process. As time passes it clears up. The deeper the water is the longer it takes. For the stream on the Passenger Station Diorama I think it took about two weeks before it was totally clear.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Tom- Thanks for the advise and encouragement. I'll see what happens.

CharlesH- made them with smears of Jean paint on a sewing needle.

Ding C- Yup, matter of fact hit a Micheal's and picked up some tissue paper (ivory color).
Got enough to put windows in about oh... 150 housews like it.

abutt- Thanks it kinda what i was shoot'n for.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I'm done

Well I finished the Dio for my friend.
I see the bad in it, but everyone syays it's great.
Your thoughts...
The Front and left side in image "1" and the back and right in image "2"

Attachments

• Gift 05.JPG
    Gift 05.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Gift 04.JPG
    Gift 04.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 101

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
That is such a great dio, even if there isn't a train in sight.. Beautiful work.:thumb: I couldn't tell if the water was still foggy, did it go away? The fish are great. They really look like koi. I'm sure your friend is going to be very happy. I would. Especially with the outcome.

This is such a great and flexible hobby and it's great to see the skills learned from "playing with trains" have use(s) elswhere. I've found so many non-MRRing uses for the techniques I've learned from MRRing, that I've quit counting.

Great Job!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: