Hello

spear

Feb 3, 2012
Another first time paper modeler here, the first model I came across was Ze Reis' brilliant build of Uhu02's Time Machine. A true craftsman, sorry to see he has since died.

Hard to believe that the models on here are made from paper.

I have now printed it off and am going to have a go - probable far to much for my noob skills but at least when I mess it up I can just print off a new copy.

First noob question, I see that Ze Reis cuts off all the gluing tabs, is this normal procedure?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
First, Welcome to the forum! Ze Reis was a Master builder and is missed by many. Cutting off the tabs is recommended as it allows the paper to be butted up evenly. That tabs cause an offset. Just use a strip of paper on the backside and you will have flush, virtually seamless joining of paper edges. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

As Zathros said, cutting the tabs off allows a smooth seam, the down side is that it can make locating pieces more difficult. I've been building with paper a while now and I'm still experimenting with "tabless" construction.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.
When you start your project, please post a build thread.
Build threads and a GREAT way to show off your skills and to highlight problem areas that you may have with that (or any other) project.

If you have any other questions, comments, concerns, need help or advise. By all means please ask, and we will do what we can to help (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy yourself here and I look forward to seeing your work.