Hello

momac

Jun 5, 2004
Petaluma CA
I'm now convinced that I don't care that Atlas closed up their forum . I'm very happy here at the Gauge! I can post pictures without having a website or attempting to use Railimages, which I could never figure out. Their instructions are too complicated for me, obviously.
I also think that the lack of contentious posts (So far, anyway) is great!
Some pictures are posted under "Drawbridge" in "Scratchin' and Bashin'"
Angus Macdonald

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
momac said:
I'm now convinced that I don't care that Atlas closed up their forum . I'm very happy here at the Gauge! Angus Macdonald

Hooray!!! Another convert :D Judging from the smell of gunpowder permiating Atlas refugees, I guess I lucked out finding this forum first try out. I've seen that bridge of your's :thumb: Could I twist your arm for a pic with some motive power on it for size perspective, huh, please, couldja, wouldja? :D

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
shaygetz said:
Hooray!!! Another convert :D Judging from the smell of gunpowder permiating Atlas refugees, I guess I lucked out finding this forum first try out. I've seen that bridge of your's :thumb: Could I twist your arm for a pic with some motive power on it for size perspective, huh, please, couldja, wouldja? :D

I have to agree with shaygetz about luckily finding this forum first off. Where else can you find a few dozen new friends overnight? :D :D Also a tip of the hat to our great moderators who keep the peace. :thumb: :thumb:

I would also like to add my personal howdy to all of the new faces that have shown up over the last week or so. :wave: :wave: Speaking of faces, I would like to direct all of our new friends to the thread A Face Behind the Name

I also agree about the bridge pics. While I don't have one in the works for the forseeable picture I do enjoy looking at the great work of all of you artisans! :thumb: :thumb:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Angus:
I also think that the lack of contentious posts (So far, anyway) is great!
Angus - and all of you other Atlas refugees - will soon find out that one of the strong points of the Gauge is the absence of flaming each other!

I also found the Gauge first. Only later I had a look at the Atlas forum. And then I was simply perplexed about the rude style of some of the contributors. It seems that some of them only have a moment of joy when they can stomp somebody else into the ground. Poor beings - I only wish they also could get a little bit of fun out of model railroading! :( :( :( :(

Let's all hope that these morons (yep, a hard word, but that's what they are in my eyes!) stay out of here. I'm confident that our moderators, who make a great job, will see to it.

And we gaugers are always happy to find new friends to share our great hobby! Welcome aboard! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ron