Hello Zealot!

Dane The First

Hello! Let me introduce myself, a fortiori the Rules of Zealot forum require to do this. I’m Igor Leskov from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. I’m 53 and in my past life (before the “Gorbi Perestroika”) I was an engineer shipbuilder and took part in building big soviet war ships. However after 1990 all are crashed down and shipbuilding industry was too. I became a businessman and start own construction business. But after 2000 they begun monopolization in construct industry and I again lost all. Now I’m jobless and live in occasionally earnings. I make books as author, page maker and illustrator. My hobby since my childhood is paper models. I started in 1974 with polish “Maly Modelarz”. But now with computer technology I decided to try making something own. The result you can see on this forum (French longboat). And yet I love jazz and sailing. My boatbuilding workshop had been destroyed when city started building a new houses on site where was our yacht club. And like said Forrest Gump, my favorite movie hero, “That is all what I can say about Vietnamese war”…. Thank you very much all.

silveroxide

Welcome aboard and as your avatar and the city you are from, if my history is correct, the vikings made made their settlement there. So it goes to show, that ship building is in your blood. I love your jig former for the hull construction. I will borrow that idea from you as well. Thanks for sharing in your build. Enjoy the forum and what it has to offer. At the moment, we are are having some technical difficulties but it will have many of the photos and threads that you have viewed over there and a a whole bunch more that are exclusive to Zealot. Again, welcome aboard and see you around the forum.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, interesting life! I am 55. I was building helicopters parts by programming 4 axis CNC machines, and a Machinist. I know what you ean about "places to play" to being taken away. I really enjoy you post and hope to see many many more. Welcome to the forum!. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have quite an interesting work history. I am sorry to hear that you have fallen on hard times right now. I hope that things start looking up for you soon.

In the mean time, please enjoy yourself here.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask adn we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again welcome aboard.