Hello-New to the Gauge, and starting back into R/R

Hookups

Mar 11, 2006
Berlin Hts Ohio
Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to spending time here at The Gauge. I have been on Hobby Talk for along time, for R/C, but have always been looking for a forum set up like HT, but for trains. Now I found it!

I have been racing R/C cars now for almost 21 years. I love it, but at times it is more of a job, then a hobby. Once I picked up product sponsors, it was more a job.

Model R/R was something I was into, just never really got into "it". Once I met my girlfriends Dad, that all changed. When she told me that her father had a layout, I was thinking 4X8, or something small. I was wrong! When I finally got over there to see it, I finally got to see one of the big layouts that I seen as a boy in "Model Railroader". That is where the ball started rolling again. Over time,(the last three years), I have be helping him work on it, as well as some run sessions. I am total hooked again.

At the time, I didn't have the space for a layout, so her dad talked about me joining the local R/R club. A nice HUGE layout, that I can somewhat call home.

I am now in the planning stages of a small switching layout for my house. I am looking forward to find info for this layout from the people here on The Gauge.

Thanks,
Jerry