Hello from Vienna aka Schnitzelcity :-)

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Hi guys and girls,

allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Chris and I have been brought here by Ravell-Fan and Rhaven-Blaack. I live in Vienna, Austria. It is the capital "Schnitzel city" of Sound-of-Music Land :)

When I am not eating Applestrudle or Schnitzel with Noodles ;-) I love to create paper models. I have started when I was a kid. They had the weekly Mickey Mouse comics that have a paper model in the middle.

There is a site which try to collect, restore and archive these models if you are interested (not mine). (http://www.seite42.de/e_index.htm)

For some time I have made terrain buildings for miniature gaming (long story, it involves my step son ten years ago and Lord of the rings miniatures) as a hobby and started to create commercial ones since last year (www.papierschnitzel.com) (<- mine)

Every now and then I love to make a free model too.

Looking forward to this site. Have a great day everybody
Chris

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
HELLO AND THE WARMEST WELCOME YOU CAN IMAGINE! What a big surprise to see you here! :Bravo:

To all hands: Papierschnitzel is the genious who has just given us the marvellous U-Wing paper model:

DSC06589.jpg

http://www.zealot.com/threads/star-wars-u-wing-free-paper-model.179681

:bowdown:

We are truly honoured to have you aboard. :Drinks:

Greetings from Germany and

Have fun and enjoy!

Marcell :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot!

I have been to your fair and beautiful city on a number of occasions when I was living in Bratislava, SK (many years ago). I greatly enjoyed myself there! I hope to return there for another visit (especially for the Christmas market).

You have come to the right place for all things SCI-FI! We have many members here who are into SCI-FI (Myself being one of them). I hope that you feel at home here.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Reactions: Papierschnitzel

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
I need to finish work on my non SCI-FI work right now (a Samurai Castle paper model) but being a huge Star Wars fan in my list for future models are (all in the 28-30mm figure scale): AT-ST Walker, Imperial Troop transport (from TFA), maybe the hover tank (from Rogue One) and, YES, the Falcon with detachable top and interior for gaming (BUT it will be huge!!!)

Another absolute favourite is the first movie Enterprise (but not in the gaming scale, LOL) and some other big ships, like the 80ies Galactica and Vipers and of course I want to make terrain buildings of all sorts for gaming.

Let's see what the year new brings :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I need to finish work on my non SCI-FI work right now (a Samurai Castle paper model) but being a huge Star Wars fan in my list for future models are (all in the 28-30mm figure scale): AT-ST Walker, Imperial Troop transport (from TFA), maybe the hover tank (from Rogue One) and, YES, the Falcon with detachable top and interior for gaming (BUT it will be huge!!!)

Another absolute favourite is the first movie Enterprise (but not in the gaming scale, LOL) and some other big ships, like the 80ies Galactica and Vipers and of course I want to make terrain buildings of all sorts for gaming.

Let's see what the year new brings :)

It looks like you have quite a few projects in the design queue! I am looking forward to (and very interested in) seeing these projects come to fruition. I wish you the best of luck with each and everyone of them.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hi guys and girls,

allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Chris and I have been brought here by Ravell-Fan and Rhaven-Blaack. I live in Vienna, Austria. It is the capital "Schnitzel city" of Sound-of-Music Land :)

When I am not eating Applestrudle or Schnitzel with Noodles ;-) I love to create paper models. I have started when I was a kid. They had the weekly Mickey Mouse comics that have a paper model in the middle.

There is a site which try to collect, restore and archive these models if you are interested (not mine). (http://www.seite42.de/e_index.htm)

For some time I have made terrain buildings for miniature gaming (long story, it involves my step son ten years ago and Lord of the rings miniatures) as a hobby and started to create commercial ones since last year (www.papierschnitzel.com) (<- mine)

Every now and then I love to make a free model too.

Looking forward to this site. Have a great day everybody
Chris

Chris / Papierschnitzel,
Welcome to the forum & greetings from the States! :Drinks: I like the U wing that you have created!:Bravo: Looking forward to seeing a talent such as yourself on the forum.:biggrin: Your work truly is "wunderbar".:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sky Seeker:Grin:
:tank:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
We are so Happy to have you join our forum. It is a pleasure. You will find many good, kind people here, feel at home. Your model is so beautiful, and exact. I look forward to looking at more of your work. Welcome!! :)

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Thanks! I have seen a couple of screen shots from the EA Battlefront game showing interesting details (also for the regular version). I plan do to a texture update in the future where I upgrade the existing details (esp the bottom hull) and then add the color mask of this version.

BTW I am in the process of researching the hovertank and AT-ST walker. Both are a great size for gaming (so compatible for the 30mm version). The hovertank should be fairly easy. For the walker I want to see if I can come up with something that is not too complicated to build, sturdy!, yet still looks good AND is poseable in realistic positions. Not moveable, but glue into a certain position. All models I have seen or built so far are very complicated to build and/or very fragile.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That's great news! I soooo love the Hover Tank (even though it does not hover at all ;) ). It is on my list, too, but I cannot say when I'll be getting to it because of the projects I already started (OTT and Logan's Run vehicles). If you may, feel free to start first. I'll assist whenever possible. BTW, Bandai will release a tiny 1/144 scale model as a bonus model together with an in-scale U-Wing and TIE Striker in a few weeks. ;)

Reactions: Sky Seeker

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Welcome...To Zealot!!! Great to see you here! Thanks for the GREAT U-Wing.... I was able to take that one off my need to design list..and add to my need to build list! I will be sure to watch and see what you have in the works..that will save me work!! ;) ...actually..no..that just means..I have more things on my need to build list! ;)

"I have had a mesh of the snail-tank in my files for several years!!" hint hint ;)