Hello from the Great White North...

Netizenzero

Hello all. I am a scale modeler from Winnipeg, Manitoba who after a long time away from the scale modeling world has finally found the space to start modeling again.

I have always been a big fan of plastic aircraft models and sci-fi models, but I have also fairly recently discovered the joys of card modeling as well.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place for SCI-FI. We have MANY members who are into SCI-FI (myself included). We also have many members who started in building plastic models (and many still do) and have crossed over to paper (for many different reasons). So you should feel right at home here.

If you have any photos of models that you have built, please post them. We would like to see your work!

If you have any questions, comments, concern, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here and I am looking forward to seeing your work!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome aboard!! Post pics of what ever you have, We would love to see what you are up too. :)

Netizenzero

Wow, it's amazing how life works. Since last posting (almost a year ago), I have been through a sudden move (landlord wanted to upgrade the building and the rent), a car accident, a family expansion (found my biological father), and a few other things, so all of a sudden that found time and space disappeared.

The down side of all of this, any modelling I had done unfortunately got destroyed in the move. The plus side... Starting from scratch!

I will devinitely be posting my work, even if it is amature.

And thank you for the warm wishes Rhaven and Zathros (or is it Zathros).

GyverX

Take your time. Start small if need be, I just reuinted with my daughter for the first time in 18 years. This was back on Thanksgiving. I know how time and things can get away from you. No worries, Its all about enjoying yourself.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It is interesting how life can (easily) throw a spanner into the cogworks and muck things up. I am glad that you are able to stride forward and things back on track.
I have to say that that is the BEST thing about paper model building. If you lose one (or more), you can always rebuild it (so long as you have the template saved).
I am looking forward to seeing your work!

Netizenzero

Take your time. Start small if need be, I just reuinted with my daughter for the first time in 18 years. This was back on Thanksgiving. I know how time and things can get away from you. No worries, Its all about enjoying yourself.
And we are enjoying it. We've integrated very well, and I'm loving the fact that I have a bunch more little sisters I can be big brother to (went from 1 sister to 6)

As for the models, I've been out for a while, so I think I'll recut my chops on Alien99's Astro Racers.

Netizenzero

I really like the models from paper-replika (Especially the Gundam models. Haven't watched the show at all, but I'm a huge fan of the robots). I'll have to check out the ones from Papermau.

I am hoping one day to tackle a UHU02 model, but I want to brush up on my basics again first.