Hello from Spain!

Apenva

Nov 23, 2011
Spain
Hello everybody!
First of all my excuses, English is not my language an I am not so fluent as I would like.
I liked very much the cardboard/wood model making, due cost savings and health concerns about plastics sanding powder, cement, etc.
Cardboard is a cheap and full of possibilities material, I used it with wood and papier mache.
My point of interest is movie props.

Apenva

Nov 23, 2011
Spain
Planet of the Apes Icarus

dsc01845yn.jpg

Z

Zathros

Incredible!! Are those really that big! I find that astonishing and would really like to hear any history on these builds. Excellent work. You obviously do a lot of CAD, maybe you could share what you use, etc? :)

Apenva

Nov 23, 2011
Spain
This was done before I began messing with CAD, indeed all the planning was old school technical drawing, .... I am a geometry teacher in a high school.
Now, I used Blender and Pepakura, a lot easier.

Z

Zathros

My High School Geometry teacher was the person who secured my employment. If it wasn't for him, I would have been in trouble. My first job as a machinists had me digging into all of those theorems and formulas and even more important, the ability to work them, secured my employment and to be honest, opened the way to a better understanding of the physical world in which we live. You affect a lot of people and I bet your students get a kick out of those models!

Later, when I went to school for Electronics, once again, I found the same old formulas popping up for impedance matching and a whole slew of other calculations. Geometry Rules!!

Apenva

Nov 23, 2011
Spain
Thanks! :)
The spacecraft Icarus began as an example to my students in the use of elliptical section, jajaja, lol
The Spinner is 1/6 scale.
Tanks at 1/10 are in the high school, I started it a course that had holes in my schedule, take a long time without progress, one of these days I take pictures, so you see it.
JR