Hello from New Zealand

angelode

Aug 1, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi, my name is Angelo and I am a dedicated papercrafter.
This is my first time posting on a forum outside of my work, so I don' know if I'm doing everything right.
I teach graphic design at a NZ college, but have been practising graphic design, packaging and paper engineering, illustration and other crafts for over 30 years.
I enjoy castle paper models mostly, followed by sci-fi and model ships. I built my first model at age 17 of the Florence Cathedral that I bought when visiting Italy. That was more than 30 years ago and I have recently got back into it. I also paint and illustrate and design my own models. At the moment I am building the SULACO, Babylon 5 station and Pratchett's unseen university. I got back into the modeling to create better houses for gaming, but it seems to be a slow process. Of course, once we build the models, we don't always have space to store them and they get easily damaged. Essentially, I prefer to design and distribute rather than build and keep.
Please can you explain how tags, icons, threads and polls work please as I am new to this.
Cheers

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Knowledge is power!

Hi, my name is Angelo and I am a dedicated papercrafter.
This is my first time posting on a forum outside of my work, so I don' know if I'm doing everything right.
I teach graphic design at a NZ college, but have been practising graphic design, packaging and paper engineering, illustration and other crafts for over 30 years.
I enjoy castle paper models mostly, followed by sci-fi and model ships. I built my first model at age 17 of the Florence Cathedral that I bought when visiting Italy. That was more than 30 years ago and I have recently got back into it. I also paint and illustrate and design my own models. At the moment I am building the SULACO, Babylon 5 station and Pratchett's unseen university. I got back into the modeling to create better houses for gaming, but it seems to be a slow process. Of course, once we build the models, we don't always have space to store them and they get easily damaged. Essentially, I prefer to design and distribute rather than build and keep.
Please can you explain how tags, icons, threads and polls work please as I am new to this.
Cheers
Angelo

Welcome, man! NZ is one of the places I'd love to visit, specially after the LOTR movies... :thumb: :cool: :thumb: :cool:
What a great knowledge you have, it would be great if you could share a bit of it, huh? :mrgreen: And please, I'd love to see some threads of your builds, with lots of pics... :rolleyes:
Zealot was the first forum that I have actively took part, and I too had to learn a lot. But If I can give you some advice, start by reading the rules. Some of the procedures are right there.
Then you can go to the "Test" section, and practice there. You can also send a private message to one of the Moderators, they are very kind and accessible guys, and will be happy to help you out.
Welcome to ZEALOT, man. ZEALOT is special because WE (INCLUDING YOU) make it so.
All the best,

Rogério

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Sounds like you have a lot to offer us, and that's great. Please feel free to post pictures of your work, we'd love to see it. Welcome to the forum. We look forward to having your hear. :)