Hello From BC

mhogan

Dec 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hello Fellow Card Modelers,

I started building card models nearly thirty years ago. Then it was all 1/250 Wilhelmshavener ships - Schütze-Klasse minesweeper, Klasse 143 fast attack boat and the big Scharnhorst). I re-discovered the hobby a few years back, shifting into aircraft.

Lately, I have been building 1/144 scale jets from the Cuban Missile Crisis era and 1/300 scale jets from the Gulf of Sidra confrontation. Most recently, I have started to build up a 1/144 scale WWI aerodrome. As you may have guessed, I do like to use my miniatures for table top games.

Also, I am getting my kids (three and five) into the hobby with whatever models they are interested in.

Looking forward to being an active member of this forum!

Cheers,

Martin

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Martin,

Welcome to Zealot. I know what it is like to rediscover a long lost hobby. I too started building paper models about 30 yrs ago as well (although, I am into SCI-FI). I have to say that I find this hobby even more enjoyable now than I did back then.

We have many members here who are into militaria, I hope that you will feel at home here!

If you have any photos of your work, by all means, please post them (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS :snaphappy:)

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

I am looking forward to seeing your work!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
When I read "Hello from B.C." I thought, my, he traveled far in time to join a forum!
Welcome to Zealot. Post some pics of what you have built. Post them in this thread if you wish. You can post 10 pic per post, so post away, we love pics! :)