Hello from B.A. Oklahoma

Chadepotts1273

Hello, I'm Chad. I am fairly new to papermodeling. I am a stay at home dad & have enjoyed building various plastic models & a number of Estes model rockets over the last 30 years or so. I started building paper models last April when I happened to stumble onto some free paper model websites. I had no idea there were so many. I am not very tech savvy, so the skill it takes to put these models into a printable format is just amazing to me. I am interested in anything Star Trek,Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5 (pretty much anything sci-fi) & sailing ships. I have only built a few so far, & I am slowly building some dioramas to hang from the ceiling in my woodshop(according to genre). I hope to post some pictures soon. I am very open to suggestions or ideas on modeling techniques. I have chubby, arthritic fingers, & some of my models haven't turned out so pretty. So, please bear with me. Thanks, Chad

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Chad,

Welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place for ALL THINGS SCI-FI! We have many members here who are into SCI-FI (myself included). So I hope that you will feel at home here.

If you have any photos of the models that you have built, by all means please post them (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS)!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help your advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I am looking forward to seeing your work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Chadepotss,

Check out http://www.paper-replika.com/, for a lifetimes worth of models you can download and build, also Papermau, (http://papermau.blogspot.com/ ) same thing there just so many free high quality models to build. These two sites alone will get you started and they have models of all levels of skill, so you can work your way up, and they both are just such great people. :)