Hello from Alabama

BSGMutha

Have admired paper modelers for years thru mostly czeck or russian sites but just discovered stevespaper and that site led me here. Funny enough the link to stevespaper was off a motorcycle site. Ive printed out several 1/100 trucks on cardstock from czminimodel but they ended up being disasters so hopefully i can find something larger or easier to build. Anyway the work on this site is amazing and mind-boggling. Im in awe of the artists here.
Thanks
Mutha

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello BSGMutha,

Welcome to Zealot. I take it by your screen name, you like BSG? If that is so, you have come to the right place. We have many members who are into BSG (myself included). So I am certain that you will feel right at home here.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

When you build a model, I would like to encourage you to post a build thread of it. Build threads are a GREAT way to show off your skills and talents, as well as to highlight different areas that you are having difficulty with and need help or guidance.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you will enjoy yourself here. I am looking forward to seeing your work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot, BSGMutha. Watch out for those Russian sites, they have a lot of pirated models that aren't allowed to be posted on this forum. If in doubt, send me or Rhaven a Personal Message (P.M.), and ask there, never post links to questionable forums in a thread. Once you establish you membership, you will see many many models that are available right here, and some are quite superb in our "Resource" section. :)

BSGMutha

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah big bsg fan, both original and the remake. Already raided the resource section here as well as stevespaper. Mostly get the sponsored models off czminimodel or fds linked models as im fairly conscious of intellectual property.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Mutha, welcome from me as well! :)

Stevespaper is a great site. I have contributed there a lot. There is another one which could be interesting for you:

www.paperaviation.de .

BSG and Buck Rogers are my main topics. ;)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

BSGMutha

Thank you revell fan. Was odd because i was looking at a sidecar build website out of the uk and the guy out of the blue had a link saying "stevespaper for scifi models". Shoot man i spent hours just poking around dling the models and looking at them. I scratchbuilt a viper sometime between 78-80 i guess. Was done with cut up model boxes, the plastic molding pieces the parts came on, and parts from model rockets. Ahh was a thing of beauty. In my mind anyway.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd love to see it! :)

One of the first card models I made was a wearable Cylon head: a simple cardboard box with a Cylon eye and a mouth grill painted on using felt tips. I was six then. Used to scare my grandmother with it, however, she always found out who was behind that mask. Still wondering why..! ;)

BTW, I like your avatar picture. Very nice choice! :)